Blue Rhino

www.bluerhino.com
  www.bluerhino.com
There are newer employer reviews for Blue Rhino

Nice upper management - Not so nice direct staff.

I worked at Blue Rhino full-time

Pros

Fair market salary and great benefits.

Cons

30 minute lunch (which is unheard of in Corporate America...Hello). Snotty direct staff members who train you. Direct senior staff members who brag all day about how much they do and how many e-mails they have....blah blah blah. Also unprofessional language ALL DAY! I have never in my career heard folks talk (curse) like this in an office environment.

Have everyone in the department know how to do everything and not have a staff member delegate work. That should come from a Director or Supervisor not a person who has been there and saying "do this and do that'.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Blue Rhino (View Most Recent)

Very little concern about employees. Get injured and they don't care. Your a number, not a person.

Current Employee - Seasonal Driver in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Seasonal Driver in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Blue Rhino part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Three days on, four off but schedule is inconsistent.

Cons

Money doesn't compensate back breaking work for 13 or 14 hours. Most tractors are older and run poorly. If you finish run in 12 hours your expected to call for more stops. Was injured and management was irritated and never asked how I was feeling. Stated "Im not making money while your out".

Drivers have feelings and family too. We are the backbone to this company. Hire some helpers for the drivers. So far very discouraged by lack of support from manager, was injured and he was not concerned for well being, only when my return date was. I work as hard as I can every day and never thanked for effort. Praise sometimes goes a long way

Ok company to work for but you'll end up having to deal with good ol boy atmosphere.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Blue Rhino full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work out delivering propane grill tanks. Honest work.

Cons

No protection from upper management when dealing with bad customers. General public smoking near trucks filled with propane.

It was a great company to work for until Ferrellgas took over the Blue Rhino operations. Now you're just a number. Try to remember the employees that went above and beyond. And shed the good ol boy mentality.

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Rhino