Blue Shield Of California

www.blueshieldca.com

Overall, Blue Shield of CA is good company to work for, though the culture may differ from department to department.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Dorado Hills, CA

ProsBSC tries to live its values, but the culture of each team and/or department can differ from one department to another, depending on the manager's leadership style. As with any company, some managers are better than others, in regards to the culture of their team and how well that team works together to produce an end result. BSC employees are encouraged to and rewarded for exemplifying a healthier lifestyle, in order to decrease the cost of their own health care.

ConsBSC is a large company of 5,000+ employees working at many sites throughout California. One statement does not fit all. Hence, the challenges of working at BSC will be different to the team you work for and your own circumstances.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to do more towards team building - to produce an environment where everyone feels welcomed and motivated to continue giving their best. The focus on this does not happen as often as it should. Meet with you team members individually on a quarterly basis in regards to their goals and objectives. You'll get to know your team members better and will get a better sense of how to help them progress in their job. They will feel better... and so will you.

My experience at Blue Shield

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Dorado Hills, CA

I worked at Blue Shield Of California full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I loved working with the people. Very friendly atmosphere. Very… Cons: Sometimes took a while to get technology impemented Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your people. When they are struggling with staffing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Levels of incompetence rarely seen in a functioning company

Low Level Manager (Aka Dancing Monkey) (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Blue Shield Of California full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Well, they do pay you. And they have enough money in the bank… Cons: Incompetence runs rampant. The only competent people I worked with were the ones so far down the ladder that they could impact nothing. … Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees. Think before you act. Do not punish honesty. Think. Seriously, just think about things. Remember that you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Blue Shield Of California.

Worked for Blue Shield Of California? Contribute to the Community!