BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
www.southcarolinablues.com Columbia, SC

A great place for a stable career, if you know or are related to the right people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Columbia, SC

ProsStable company, pension AND 401(k), on-site fitness centers, heavy bias to promoting from within, strong training programs, very good health insurance (obviously).

ConsLittle differentiation in pay between those who do average work and those who do great work. Nepotism is rampant. Most managers choose to ignore performance issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive managers more leeway to reward their best employees. Don't encourage pay raises for average work. Take action with managers who let performance problems fester.

The money was good.

Customer Service Representative National Alliance (Former Employee)
    Columbia, SC

I worked at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina full-time for more than a year

Pros: Dealing with most of my regular customers via telephone(i was… Cons: There are a lot of "clicks" in BCBS and management are normally a part of them. Management doesn't pay attention to what time people are… Advice to Senior Management: Pay closer attention to the INTENTION of your employees, you lose good ones and let them walk out the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company stuck in the past

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Columbia, SC

I have been working at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lots of developers, lots of room for advancement. Cons: Will consistently be behind the software industry trends by about… Advice to Senior Management: Fight to allow your developers to do their jobs without… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.

Worked for BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina CEO David Pankau. All reviews posted anonymously by BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina employees.