BlueLinx

www.bluelinxco.com
  www.bluelinxco.com
There are newer employer reviews for BlueLinx

The company as a whole is fair and competitive in our marketplace

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BlueLinx full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fair and competitive salaries. Above average benefits. Safety is always top priority. Personal tiem encourgage. Team atmosphere.

Cons

Executive team can at times be out of touch.
Industry extremely unstable

Be more involved with what runs the business....The Sales Team!

37 Other Employee Reviews for BlueLinx (View Most Recent)

Know how to play the system.

I have been working at BlueLinx full-time

Pros

Decent hours, some managers allow working remotely and there's a cafe in the building. The new CEO is a believer in positive reinforcement, which is a nice change of pace. You are allowed to work at your own pace and aren't micro-managed. The company provides training courses on various products, as well as external training when approved.

Cons

If you work hard, be prepared to work harder without reward for your efforts, unless you consider even more work a reward. Folks with a light work load know how to look and sound busy, and will often browse the internet all day while others carry a much heavier work load and struggle to keep up. The monetary compensation is on the low end of the spectrum for most of the job postings and the insurance benefits are very expensive!

I'd love to see an overhaul on the annual reviews. From what I can tell, they don't reflect the actual workload an employee carries. Balancing workload among employees is a must. When one employee carries far more workload than another, it can create a negative atmosphere. Positive reinforcement and rewarding hard work by promoting from within are great ways to show appreciation of employees that put forth the extra effort!

Bluelinx could be much more!

I have been working at BlueLinx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like the people are work with, everyone is nice! The company is trying to stay positive, and reenforce that everything will be ok.

Cons

No room for advancement. Managers and supervisors look outside instead of looking a current employees. Management does not value our thoughts.

Promote from within.