There are newer employer reviews for BlueLinx

Challenged every day...added value and great learning experience.

Former Employee - Director, Business Development in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Director, Business Development in Atlanta, GA

I worked at BlueLinx

Pros

Hard-working people who care about their customers and their employees. The best at what they do, and recognized often by customers and suppliers alike for the value they can offer.

Cons

Currently in a very difficult industry sector that traditionally has minimized the value distributors bring to the supply chain participants

Invest for the future and capture market share. This is a company uniquely positioned to add value to customers, suppliers and employees.

36 Other Employee Reviews for BlueLinx (View Most Recent)

BlueLinx on the way up

Current Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BlueLinx

Pros

BlueLinx is a big small company. It is big in span, but small in the way management know most employees, seems to care and listen to the employees. The higher ups are much more approachable and visable than other large companies where I have worked. Most management have been promoted from within, there will be room to grow as the market returns.

Cons

The industry has been in a downward spiral. There have been few raises, although I did get a bonus that was a suprise last year. 401 k match has been stopped and there have not been enough promotions. In the last few months itseems liek there have been some promotions, management is trying to be in front of the rebound.

Be aggressive, empower the people. we haveteh best people in the industry. Continue to communicate to the employees directly, and make management changes faster. Some say the management has cut to many people, I think they missed some at most levels and should cut the employees that are not positive.

Building Materials Pro

Former Employee - Product Manager in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at BlueLinx

Pros

Reasonable work hours, pleasant people and good working environment. Rewards for job well done. Close to Park Meadows for shopping. Technolog well supported

Cons

Cube farm - no offices in whole building. Small break room. Building only 1/2 occupied. Sales down, employees somewhat frustrated & de-motivated.

Staff for success - stop cutting wages & incentives - look for ways to build sales so you can pay top wages again! Refocus on sales (salespeople report that they spend little time on selling and too much time on tasks, Managers spend even less time selling or driving sales!)

There are newer employer reviews for BlueLinx