Marketing rep for 8 years

Former Employee - Marketing Representative  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great pay and advancement opportunities. Best base salary in town for most all positions offered.

Cons

New DOM came to town cleaned house and would not stand up for those he put in place. Now he has been fired and bridges have been burnt.

If it isn't broken don't fix it? Listen to your employees with years committed to the job. Very disappointed how political it got in the office before I left.

Other Reviews for Bluegreen Vacations

Good Place

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - Vacation Club  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - Vacation Club in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees are able to access a lot of health and wellness benefits. There is a gym and a health coach.

Cons

It's a call center and still has the call center culture.

Stop, Pitch and Sell...

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sold some great vacation getaways and made a lot of people happy. I enjoyed the people I worked with as we tried to have a little fun every day,

Cons

working outside no matter if you were hot or cold (should say freezing), 90 or 27 degrees standing for 6 hours in windy,raw rainy, snow days or nights is very hard to keep an upbeat attitude when you would make the same money an hour as someone working in beautiful warm (or air conditioned booth) in sunny Florida and have to explain why I didn't reach my sales goals.

Everyone from corporate should spend at least one week (not a day and a half )in January and see how hard it is to keep an upbeat attitude every day when no one wants to stop and stand there to listen to you in the snow or rain in freezing temperatures, But they tell you that you won't have to do that cause we will be going to an INSIDE Mall for 3 months. I think they say that just to get you to stick it out for BLACK Friday and Christmas... But they never followed through or had a plan. I am a sales rep. who depends on my commissions to make a decent income. I can't survived off of an hourly wage especially when the cost of living is so much higher than the rest of the country. Show you care and a little sugar goes a long way...

There are newer employer reviews for Bluegreen Vacations.

Worked for Bluegreen Vacations? Contribute to the Community!