Outdoor Traveler

Former Employee - Sales  in  Leeds, AL
Former Employee - Sales in Leeds, AL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations

Pros

The company has a fair commission plan. If you can make sales and keep cancellations down you can earn a decent wage.

Cons

There is a constant turnover of both staff and management. Plus, and it is a retail enviroment, you work every weekend which is difficult.

When I worked there it seemed the acceptable script changed frequently. About the time we would have success with one format it would change. Then there would be complaints about number of sales. Stick with a method.

Other Reviews for Bluegreen Vacations

Wonderful company!

Former Employee - Opc Sales Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Opc Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations

Pros

Bluegreen is by far the best job I have ever had. They took care of me from day one and were very flexible when it came to needing off work for personal health or vacation. You get paid time off that builds up every day you work. You make hourly and you can make as much as you want in commisson. Just depends how hard you want to work. They have fabulous benefits that are very reasonable and the opportunity for management can happen very quickly if you work hard.

Cons

You have to work weekends and holidays and your schedule can be different every week. Its more of the kind of job for single people with no family to come home to so the schedule will not matter either way.

Need to secret shop more to get rid of all the shady sales reps they have. We went through one too many while I was there and people seem to do anything just to get a sale. Teach employees to be more honest. There is a reason the timeshare industry has a bad name due to these people.

Your experience will depend on your department and your individual manager

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations

Pros

Great benefits package including 4 weeks paid time off
    Employee use benefit for resorts is good in theory but black out dates make it very difficult to use
    Professional work space with nice amenities nearby
    Senior management makes an attempt to connect with employees
    Mid to lower level team members truly care about the work they do and are great to work with

Cons

Extremely political work environment at the Director and above level
    Primarily a boys club
    Sales tactics can be questionable
    Educational level of some senior team members is severely lacking
    Many projects are killed or stalled because of personal vendettas
    Some senior leadership members are permitted to behave inappropriately at company functions
    Sales and marketing department leadership is fear-based

Have the courage to change to weed out poor leadership on a departmental basis
    Hire talented managers to replace those that have no regard for employee development
    Make a stronger financial commitment to technology

There are newer employer reviews for Bluegreen Vacations.

Worked for Bluegreen Vacations? Contribute to the Community!