Bluehost
www.bluehost.com Orem, UT 500 to 999 Employees

Excellent place to learn & build strong relationships.

L1 Tech Support Engineer (Former Employee)
Provo, UT

I worked at Bluehost

ProsCompensation at Bluehost was needless to say, awesome for the area. There were a lot of employee incentives to do well. A "Caught Ya Card" system was put in place to inspire workers to go above and beyond. These cards could be turned in for cash value or prizes. The prizes were great. 42" LCD TVs, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPod Touch, Nintendo DS, etc. Nothing to snub your nose at. They also have a very generous end of the year bonus for Christmas (give a few weeks before Christmas which is convenient) - $100 - $5,000 depending on position and length of time at the company.

Their Training Department is awesome. Definitely have some great mentors that teach newbies proper techniques and practices for troubleshooting, server side configuration, scripting, etc.

There are many opportunities to advance your employment at Bluehost. Generous CEOs.

I quit in early 2010 to seek other opportunities elsewhere. However, I would work here again if it ever came up again.

ConsA lot of favoritism amongst supervisors and particular people in their teams. Promotions that were given based on skills at table tennis rather than professional qualifications. People not getting fired for offensive behavior towards customers - while other employees were terminated for minor offenses without a clear explanation. Occasional back talk from other departments - lack of good leadership in management. Micro-managing, numbers based, cared more about profits than customer satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more positive and encouraging when giving feedback to employees. Promote quality over numbers. Listen to your employees feedback and don't shut them out when you don't want to hear it.

Great place to learn a ton

L3 Tech (Current Employee)
Provo, UT

I have been working at Bluehost

Pros: Bluehost is a great company to technical skills. They are constantly striving for technical excellence. They have some of the highest paid kernel,… Cons: Outside a higher than average pay check there are not too many perks. Some of… Advice to Senior Management: Too focused on technical excellence. They should probably put… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good pay for company politics.

Technical Support (Former Employee)
Orem, UT

I worked at Bluehost

Pros: Decent pay. Good place to learn about Linux and web… Cons: They promote their friends above the hard workers. They are more concerned about numbers than quality. They want X amount of sign-ups per day/week/month and… Advice to Senior Management: Try considering quality work over quantity. Retract your decision to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bluehost.

Worked for Bluehost? Contribute to the Community!

Bluehost – Why Work for Us?

about bluehost Bluehost was founded in 2003 with one goal: to make a better hosting company. Built on open source technology, we’ve since grown to become one of the world’s largest providers of cloud-based online… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bluehost reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bluehost CEO Dan Handy. All reviews posted anonymously by Bluehost employees.