Bluemercury

www.bluemercury.com

A terrible nightmare soon to be forgotten....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

The customers and vendors are great. They are like a family.

Cons

No growth, obnoxious upper management: inconsistant, rude and cut throat environment, underpaid management and sales associates (no one...not even managers make over 25 an hour), no respect, shady decisions, oh yeah...they spy on your facebook, linked in, myspace...you name it, completely self involved, talk behind your back to other associates and managers (are we in highschool....really???) upper management spends more time on the phone and shopping than with you working on your development/ business...just walk into a store on a saturday and see for yourself.

The owners are great. The office staff is great. I wish they were in the stores more talking with thier managers and sales associates. They have no idea how little thier regional and district managers actually do and how disrespectful and mean they are to the people that really give a crap about their customers.

Other reviews for Bluemercury

What a dissapointment!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Beautiful stores and high quality product

Cons

Very negative place, poor leadership, no rewards/recognition for contributions. They think they own you. Really thought this would be a good step in my career, but instead I felt disillusioned with the leadership and direction of this growing company.

Try and appreciate the people who are representing you. Pay us properly. Don't use us. If ou take care of us we will take care of the clients.

Stay away

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

The only reason to work there might be the employee discount on expensive product and the positive interactions with clients.

Cons

No clear directions, management dominated by few people who constantly make disrespectful comments / remarks. Almost no career advancement opportunities.

My advice would be to the director of stores: Please, be respectful to sales associates, they are the ones working non stop to meet the goals.

There are newer employer reviews for Bluemercury.

Worked for Bluemercury? Contribute to the Community!