Bluewolf

www.bluewolf.com
  www.bluewolf.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bluewolf

Three Years In And Still Loving It!

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- You advance at your own pace. There are no barriers to your advancement other than your abilities, drive and the results that you achieve.
- No two days are the same. Truly dynamic work environment and interesting client projects.
- Surrounded by high performing self starters. I have never worked with a more talented group of individuals at all levels of an organization. Consulting attracts the best and Bluewolf keeps the best of the best.
- You are asked to solve problems and not mindlessly push buttons. If you love the safety of following the process / direction laid out by others then you will hate this job. If you enjoy building new systems and process that change the way businesses function then you will not only love this job, but you will flourish.

Cons

- You are asked to put forth real effort and you are judged on your results. If you do not enjoy the work or being part of a dynamic high growth company, then I could see how someone would become frustrated.
- There is not a lot of hand holding. There are internal programs for development and training and a great support network, but you are ultimately responsible for pulling your own weight. This goes at every level in the organization.

Keep it going in '13!

137 Other Employee Reviews for Bluewolf (View Most Recent)

Worst job choice ever.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are some decent people there. I cannot fathom why they stay.

Cons

The company seems rotten and dysfunctional from its core. It will unabashedly lie to get business and lie to it's employees. It will withhold payment to contractors for as long as possible to collect as much interest as possible. The vacation non-policy is a joke. Good luck having any life, much less a vacation. If you are looking for experience at the cost of being flat out abused, you might like it here.

Like others, I wouldn't even know where to start.

Worst Professional Experience to date

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed the co-workers and the relaxed office environment. Occasionally we were given additional days off towards the end of the month, they reward you for making goal each month and we always did something fun.

Cons

The turnover rate should be enough of an indicator to we weary about this company. In the short time I was there, I witnessed about 50% of my start class either be A) Let go for unknown/skeptical reasons or b) Quit within 3 months.

Bluewolf focuses on recruiting people under 30 who don't know better than to settle for a less than stellar professional culture.

Employees are not allowed lunch breaks, and must run out to grab food and quickly bring it back to their desk. Even though it is not a mandated policy, it is "company culture" and you will be reprimanded.

Favoritism runs ramped, the no PTO policy is simply a way to not pay employees for unused time when they quit.. because they will quit.

The Inside Sales Account Manager training program is an insult to anyone with an education. I once was on a call with a "VP" who called the entire training class "Un-intelligent". Put it this way, a former teacher runs this program and you will be treated as a student, not a professional, working adult with your own brain.

Even when you become an Account Director, you don't actually have a say in handling your accounts because you will be CCing Management on every email. They basically have you stalk clients until you get a response, and it is all about the deal and not relationship building as they come. Trust me, that are 100% transactional.

Their lack of unprofessionalism is repulsive and will demand you be a company cheerleader. You will be spammed with emails every time someone closes a deal. If you decide to not participate in these spam emails because they are obnoxious and unnecessary, your dedication to your job will be questioned.

The VPs care more about you sucking up to them than actually building worthwhile relationships with our customers.

I have noticed several positive reviews, and wouldn't be surprised if there was an internal push to create a better online company image. I cannot say this for fact, but i definitely wouldn't be surprised.

All in all, I wouldn't work there again for all the money in the world.

I wouldn't know where to start.

There are newer employer reviews for Bluewolf