Bluewolf

www.bluewolf.com
  www.bluewolf.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bluewolf

I have never learned so much in such a short period of time.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At Bluewolf you work with some of the most selfless and gifted people around. We have one of the best recruiting teams around. I have found myself working with new hires who are absolutely brilliant. You don't deal with many egos and people are always willing to help you out. Depending on where you work, travel is not nearly as bad as other consulting firms.

Cons

The "No Vacation Policy" sometimes feels like No Vacation, Policy. You get so entrenched in your projects you forget to take time off in between and you find yourself neck deep in a new one. You need to be proactive in taking time off or you will never get a break.

We talk a lot about growth but can't help but feel, sometimes we are leaving some people behind.

137 Other Employee Reviews for Bluewolf (View Most Recent)

Great place to grow your career as an Enterprise Consultant

Current Employee - Engagement Manager
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazingly bright, collaborative and talented people. This environment is a constant learning environment. You are learning from your colleagues, your customers and changes driven from Salesforce.com.

The culture is one of independent thinking. You need to be able to drive the next tasks on your own. Nobody is going to be watching over your shoulder and telling you what to do. It is a goal driven environment. You need to be entrepreneurial and build your own work situation and drive to your targets. You need to be moving fast as everything in this technology space moves quickly. Doing so gives you a lot of independence.

The benefits have been tremendously improved this year. They are now comparable to a lot of major companies.

One tremendous benefit is the annual off-site workshop. This year was in the Virgin Islands. There are very few companies that invest in bringing the entire company together to share the culture, share the strategic plans, and ensure that all employees get to know one another. It shows a large focus on continuing the culture and ensuring that the employees are engaged and feel part of the organization.

This year the company put an emphasis on employee growth, engagement and career path. This is a major positive change.

The company has large goals and being on board for this growth at this time provides great opportunities for the employee who is looking to grow a career.

Cons

Since you are responsible for your own work, you need to maintain your own work-life balance. The company will continue to add responsibilities and tasks on you, until you stay stop.

Another issue is the lack of a bench of resources. This is due to the unbelievable growth. I know that the hiring is going on daily, but it always seems to be behind and it is taking longer to staff projects. This has lead to more travel than was expected because there are not enough people in one region or another.

Continue work on employee programs. Build more structure in the operations. Hire more staff.

You Get What You Give

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people I work with are passionate about what they do and are quick to help out when you are in a bind. I love traveling to meet with clients and our all company trip every year is a blast! I've been to Whistler to ski and the beaches of St. Thomas. The company is becoming more employee engaged by encouraging goal setting and supporting community outreach.

Cons

As in other similar firms, projects are always changing and dates are shifting which can cause stress and impact performance goals and objectives. Staff need to be self starters that can research and learn new skills quickly with little formal training.

Invest more in formal training

There are newer employer reviews for Bluewolf