Boardwalk Pipeline

www.bwpmlp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Boardwalk Pipeline

A great place if salary is not your number one motivation.

Current Employee - IT in Houston, TX
Current Employee - IT in Houston, TX

I have been working at Boardwalk Pipeline

Pros

I am given quite a bit of autonomy to bring in new technologies and design ideas for our network. The people I work with are some of the best in the business, good friends and good professionals. Boardwalk is a fun and interesting place to work. We celebrate success with end of project parties and holiday get-togethers. Senior management has been increasingly supportive of IT as we continue to deliver dependable and innovative solutions to the business.

Cons

Compensation is not up to par. I had not seen a pay increase in almost 3 years. There is the occasional spot bonus but those are few and far between and not much to write home about, especially after taxes.

IT keeps your business alive. Make sure you take care of those who keep the lights on for you. We're making more money than we ever have in the energy sector. Time for those monster profits to trickle down to the little people.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Boardwalk Pipeline (View Most Recent)

A great experience.

I worked at Boardwalk Pipeline

Pros

A great place to work, dedicated to safety and to it's employees. Good benefits and lots of chances to make overtime pay.

Cons

The only negative is that sometimes work can be slow, but when things are slow it means you are doing your job correctly.

Good enough intentions but not enough leadership to make those things happen smoothly.

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Boardwalk Pipeline

Pros

There is room for advancement.
    Managers are excellent to work for and are understanding and respectful.

Cons

Advancement opps come from the gap in the work force age and often come with little or no training of the new job.
    Trouble hiring and keeping new field personel.
    Pay policy for field personel that openly states the wage cap for a position is the average wage of similar companies survied.
    No performance or safety bonuses.

Be more transparent and communicate better. A bit of focus on employee moral will go a long.
    Get past the practice of low wages. You cant hire good candidates, you cant keep good candidates, and lately appears your solution is to avoid hiring qualified people because you know they wont stay.

There are newer employer reviews for Boardwalk Pipeline