Boardwalk Pipeline

www.bwpmlp.com
  www.bwpmlp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Boardwalk Pipeline

I have had a great experience working at Boardwalk Pipeline Partners.

I have been working at Boardwalk Pipeline

Pros

Boardwalk Pipeline has a great working environment and the culture is fitting for my needs. The Management Team endorses a work life balance and they have a "flex day" program in place.

Cons

With the exception of being a new and fairly small company, there are not many cons. As with most small companies, the medical insurance is a little pricey and the non exempt staff are not eligible for an annual bonus.

More team building and employee recognition programs are needed to build employee moral. Moving to a 9/80 schedule would also boost moral, cut back and PTO leaves, and offter your employees flexibilty as for as "work life balance".

9 Other Employee Reviews for Boardwalk Pipeline (View Most Recent)

Experience varies wildly depending on management flavor of the day

I have been working at Boardwalk Pipeline

Pros

Beautiful Houston offices with new technology, exciting work, pleasant co-workers, bright future for the company; opportunity to make real change; increasing leadership focus on defining and communicating direction; new "Flexible Friday" work-life balance option; technical ability to telecommute.

Cons

Acquisitions and leadership changes have resulted in inconsistent management approach. Greenway location is not very convenient for mass transit; no option for 9-80 work-life balance option.

Develop a consistent and complementary leadership philosophy; corporate directions and message should not be different and incompatible across the organization as this causes confusion. Leadership has done more in the past year to express vision (very positive change - keep going).

A great place if salary is not your number one motivation.

Current Employee - IT in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT in Houston, TX

I have been working at Boardwalk Pipeline

Pros

I am given quite a bit of autonomy to bring in new technologies and design ideas for our network. The people I work with are some of the best in the business, good friends and good professionals. Boardwalk is a fun and interesting place to work. We celebrate success with end of project parties and holiday get-togethers. Senior management has been increasingly supportive of IT as we continue to deliver dependable and innovative solutions to the business.

Cons

Compensation is not up to par. I had not seen a pay increase in almost 3 years. There is the occasional spot bonus but those are few and far between and not much to write home about, especially after taxes.

IT keeps your business alive. Make sure you take care of those who keep the lights on for you. We're making more money than we ever have in the energy sector. Time for those monster profits to trickle down to the little people.

There are newer employer reviews for Boardwalk Pipeline