Bob Evans

There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans

Served at Bob Evans

Former Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Bob Evans full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved my job at Bob Evans as a server. They will work with you on a suitable schedule. For the most part you have a fixed schedule so you are able to make plans. Management will work every bit as hard as you do. Benefits are good, if you meet the requirements. I made a lot of money there.

Cons

The biggest obstacle is becoming eligible for benefits. You must retain a 36 hour weekly average for 6 months and, then you are designated as full time and offered benefits. You then need to maintain that weekly average to continue receiving benefit. That is not as easy as you might think.

359 Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans (View Most Recent)

lots of work and no thanks

Current Employee - Server in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co workers are very kind and friendly for the most part. Great opertunity to make good tips.

Cons

Managers are stressed at all times. They take their emotions out on their help alot. Little appreciation and consideration for employees from managers. Long shifts, little or no breaks.

Try not to show your negative emotions as much. Treat your employees a little better, and you may get better end results.

Assistant General Manager

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Gaylord, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Gaylord, MI

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

free meals when working, no late nights, many locations to choose and/or get promoted to

Cons

crappy benefits, recently they have had a tendency to just threaten your job instead of supporting and motivating you, unreasonable expectations, corporate makes it very clear that stockholders are much more important than any of employees or managment

support your management, we are the ones on the front lines day after day and yet even when we meet your high goals you find a way to throw something else we aren't perfect at in our faces. The company used to care about us but the past couple years i've watched it decline and now its at an all time low. Change back to the ways that made you a success..because everyone is jumping ship.

There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans