There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans

Not the company it used to be, but there's still time to right the ship.

Current Employee - General Manager in Canton, OH
Current Employee - General Manager in Canton, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of dedicated and loyal people at the restaurant and area levels. It's a demanding job, but it will pay the (modest) bills. And the food is high quality.

Cons

Steve Davis' fast food mentality has resulted in stagnation, unrealistic performance expectations, and gradual elimination of outings, bonuses, and benefits. Managers are underpaid by industry standards, yet executives wants managers' salaries cut further - which is only possible if experienced, higher-salaried managers leave the company. The various corporate office support departments have become revolving doors too.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing coupons; they discount the brand's value (and fail to bring in new customers). Increase revenue and profit by opening new restaurants, and give your long-term General Managers a chance at promotion.

Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans

Great company if you can quickly advance to GM or higher, other than that your underpaid

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Findlay, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Findlay, OH

I worked at Bob Evans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility, willingness to teach you new things,

Cons

long hours - scheduled 50 work 50-65 a week, raises are minimal just enough to say they are giving you one, bonuses - don't even count on it my last was $100 and my GM's taxes of their bonus was 4 digits. bonus is divided amoungst all store managers 6% AM (2 of them) 26% AGM and 62% GM

Advice to Management

if you want to decrease turnover let your employees have a work life balance. consider a 5 man team with 40 hr work wks like normal people have.

2. Served at Bob Evans

Former Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Bob Evans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my job at Bob Evans as a server. They will work with you on a suitable schedule. For the most part you have a fixed schedule so you are able to make plans. Management will work every bit as hard as you do. Benefits are good, if you meet the requirements. I made a lot of money there.

Cons

The biggest obstacle is becoming eligible for benefits. You must retain a 36 hour weekly average for 6 months and, then you are designated as full time and offered benefits. You then need to maintain that weekly average to continue receiving benefit. That is not as easy as you might think.