Bob Evans

www.bobevans.com

Not the company it used to be, but there's still time to right the ship.

General Manager (Current Employee) Canton, OH

ProsA lot of dedicated and loyal people at the restaurant and area levels. It's a demanding job, but it will pay the (modest) bills. And the food is high quality.

ConsSteve Davis' fast food mentality has resulted in stagnation, unrealistic performance expectations, and gradual elimination of outings, bonuses, and benefits. Managers are underpaid by industry standards, yet executives wants managers' salaries cut further - which is only possible if experienced, higher-salaried managers leave the company. The various corporate office support departments have become revolving doors too.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pushing coupons; they discount the brand's value (and fail to bring in new customers). Increase revenue and profit by opening new restaurants, and give your long-term General Managers a chance at promotion.

lots of work and no thanks

Server (Current Employee) Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Co workers are very kind and friendly for the most… Cons: Managers are stressed at all times. They take their emotions out on their help alot.… Advice to Senior Management: Try not to show your negative emotions as much. Treat… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company if you can quickly advance to GM or higher, other than that your underpaid

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Findlay, OH

I worked at Bob Evans full-time for more than a year

Pros: flexibility, willingness to teach you new things, Cons: long hours - scheduled 50 work 50-65 a week, raises are minimal just enough to say they are giving you one, bonuses - don't even… Advice to Senior Management: if you want to decrease turnover let your employees have a work life balance.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bob Evans.

Worked for Bob Evans? Contribute to the Community!