There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans

Wouldn't go back if they paid me double.

Former Employee - Hostess in Concord, NC
Former Employee - Hostess in Concord, NC

I worked at Bob Evans part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, as a hostess there aren't too many things that you are responsible for.

Cons

I only got 8 hours a week on the schedule, the management constantly criticizes you, not even constructively. Total disorganization. Double standards. A terrible place to work. Plus even if you do work there, most Bob Evans are shutting down. That's how I lost my job there and they don't even tell you until 1 hour before the store will be closed forever.

Advice to Management

Use a static weekly schedule, and actually help out instead of just stand around and complain use better terminology when giving out "constructive criticism."

Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans

Mistreatment of employees

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

can become like a family

Cons

Corporate seems to be forgetting who bays their bills, the units. Corporate seems to be reaping all the rewards and keep taking from the people who are the heartbeat of this company. Family orientated my butt. Managers have to work 50 hours a week, fine, then stop loading so much crap on us, and pay us extra for going over 60 or more hours a week. Who pays for the mistakes at corporate for menu misprints, and wasting thousands on reprinting menus over and over, or going over marketing budgets? Do they get their jobs threatened and degraded? I wonder, does corporate have the same crappy benefits we do? Thanks for cutting our bonuses and having us push out the old and bring in the young and non benefited employees, whom also may I add are some of the hardest working people whom have dedicated decades to fattening your pockets and not offering to fill theirs.

Advice to Management

All of you from secretaries to CEO work a month in our shoes with people like you running the company

2. Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Back of House in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Back of House in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lot of opportunity, Good benefits.

Cons

Food industry over all has little to offer in the way of great pay.