Bob Evans
www.bobevans.com Columbus, OH 5000+ Employees

Cut throat management

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Dayton, OH

ProsGreat staff in most locations, some that have worked for the company for decades. Salary is comparable. Hours are typical for restaurant management. Good training programs. The customer base is great.

ConsManagement is very clique-ish both with staff and with other management. It is impossible to climb a career ladder with this company without becoming part of a clique.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company loses good people because the management cliques are so cut throat.

Grill Cook

Grill Cook (Former Employee)
    Fort Wright, KY

I worked at Bob Evans part-time for more than a year

Pros: The flexible scheduling was really nice for a college kid. The schedules were set, but they worked… Cons: The restaurants were filthy. A lot of the cleaning was… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to learn how to communicate. B.E.S.T. standards are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Down on the farm

Swing Manager (Current Employee)
    Akron, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Best training of all compare to other restaurant chains Cons: swing management hours and spreading the work out evenly Advice to Senior Management: Check more thoughly the people you hire for management. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bob Evans.

Worked for Bob Evans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bob Evans reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bob Evans CEO Steve Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by Bob Evans employees.