There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans

server

Current Employee - Server  in  Terre Haute, IN
Current Employee - Server in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Bob Evans part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great environment. very flexible with my schedule. great co-works great staff

Cons

I would say there is much of a con. when you work at a restaurant you can only expect so much. just as any other restaurant the pay was great in the summer season. when it was cold and people didnt want to come out you did not make as much

313 Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans (View Most Recent)

Great company--good food--managers are not compensated well

I have been working at Bob Evans

Pros

Great food, lots of training, fast paced, efficient

Cons

Mangers worked very long hours. Servers are sometimes understaffed and if there is a rush, everyone has to pitch in and help.

Recognize hard work from within and promote more from within the company. There are a lot of valuable associates who could manage well.

Another company that does what it wants because the economy is bad

Current Employee - Cook  in  Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Cook in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Clean restaurant
    -Friendly, but cheap customers

Cons

Management is inconsistent in their evaluations and in their operations. All the stores are being run according to GM desires not company desires. The people are overworked and poorly scheduled.

This new transformation, Schmransformation is nothing but hot air. The path to promotions is long and littered with lofty unrelaistic pre-reqs. I find the pre-reqs amusing becuase managment doesn't even meet the pre-reqs. Managers are concerned with retaining their jobs and go by what other managers tell them and seldom are ineffective at judging us as employees. I mean seriously? Everyone is a 3 out of 5? Is management that incapacitated or full of themselves?

There is one set of rules for people deemed necessary to their operations, ones who could care less about the restaurant and another set of rules for people who work hard and they can get good output out of but treat like crap. Quite frankly, the Managers are not trained to be frank and make sound character decisions, they can't motivate people if they tried. They are usually the reasons that most of the employees are leaving.

If you are looking for temporary employment its a good place. If you're looking for advancement, go somewhere else.

- Restore old performance incentives.

- Increase coverage and reduce insurance costs. These costs are very expensive for sub-standard coverage.

- Replace your current general managers by hiring youngerpeople that are adaptable, can be frank, and make sound decisions. Otherwise do nothing and watch the company tank. You guys up there have no idea how big of an ol' boys club you are running that are satisfied with how things are running.

-The new automatic scheduler is flawed as well. If someone doesn't show up for work, or has a day scheduled off, all it does is send an alert telling people that a shift is open. Good luck with finding takers. The better thing to do would be to schedule people with reserve days or call-in days for all jobs and day shift and night shift. I worked for an employer where we had the call-in by 8:00 pm for the day shift or 3:00 pm for the night shift.

There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans

Worked for Bob Evans? Contribute to the Community!