Personally, I hated it.

Former Employee - Server in Cross Lanes, WV
Former Employee - Server in Cross Lanes, WV

I worked at Bob Evans

Pros

You make cash daily as a server.

Cons

Management keeps your charge tips for two weeks - they come in your check, not by cashing out. You, the employee, have to find your replacement if you want to take your vacation or a day off, even months in advance. If you earn vacation time, you lose it if you quit or are fired - for example, you take your vacation in December and the company pays ALL vacations out in the spring. Quit or get fired between your vacation and the spring, you lose that pay. I felt like the staff are just bodies doing a job.

Advice to Management

Stop keeping your servers' pay for two weeks so you can make interest off it. That's a serious a*hole move.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A company not for everyone

Current Employee - Server in Waldorf, MD
    Current Employee - Server in Waldorf, MD

I have been working at Bob Evans

Pros

Money made during rush is good, Schedule flexibility is great, Co -Workers are friendly, there is not very much else to say

Cons

Hard to get days off (Must have a doctors note), Management is terrible, Ask for a lot on such a low salary

Advice to Management

Hire managers that are more capable of managing the store.

2. Health Ins.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Bob Evans

Pros

We have a great Ins. plan for Bob Evans full time hourly employees. Weekly pay days and a great management team in most of our stores.

Cons

As of 01/27/2010 I think they are trying to remove as many employees from their Ins. plan as they can, to cut cost. They give you a 37 hours a week work schedule and management is strongly advised against letting us work more than that. To keep your Ins. you must work at least 36 hours a week avg. If you are sick for 2 days ( 16 Hrs) you will have to try an make it up or lose your Ins. How can this be done? We are not given any sick days, with or without pay.

Advice to Management

Unless Management is trying to encourage a employee to come to work sick, to serve and handle food for the customers, while being sick, I would change this policy. This could be done by giving full time employees unpaid sick days equal to their vacation days to use over the year. I think if they cared about their employees and customers health they would try something to improve this. Because you know if a employee is faced with the fact they will lose their Ins. their spouse and children Ins. Guess what they will go to work sick.