I like the people I work with just not happy with the company at all

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Westminster, MD
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Westminster, MD

I have been working at Bob Evans

Pros

I like the people at the store level.I adore the customers,BER have great guest and it seems no matter which one I work in the guest are great

Cons

No raise for 2 years

Ease up or your going to lose alot of good people

Other Reviews for Bob Evans

i love to work at bob evans unfourtantly lately i am been very dissatisfied with corporate decisions

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager  in  Huntington, WV
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Huntington, WV

I have been working at Bob Evans

Pros

been in my life since i was a child was the only place i wanted to eat, majority of customers are great and friendly. worked with managers as an hourly employee that helped me focused and hardworking and had a genuine care of my progress into management. area coach was great with not relocating me away from my home and does a good job of explaining any situations that occur through his own knowledge.great employees overall.most employees do well in displaying the bob evans employee image and customers notice that no matter if there food may get burned or be cold somtimes.

Cons

corporate level management does not display the orginal and "realistic" bob evans image and seem to be obsessed with pleasing the stock holders and not store managment, store employees and most importantly the customers that is making the decision to eat at our location passing several others resteraunts on the way. health insurance has become terrible and is very expensive for the part you pay if you have a family, if you are only able to afford the low option plan one major illness or injury could prevent the rest of the health of your family. raise for mangers and employees are nearly impossible to get even when you overachieve and have a so called "good score card rating, i get the feeling that when inquiring for a raise the general manager is afraid to reccomend even if they think you deserve it. salary below standard from other restaraunts but in the past the other benifits such as the one weekend day off, and company events(summer picnic,xmas parties) made up for that.there is no incentive for hardwork and loyalty in tyring to meet or getting to very unreasonable goals. there always seems to be new job titles and jobs at corporate level every month but no finaicial oppurtunitys at store manegment level.there are reports created for reports that are already exsist for analyzing cost therefore making the general manager stuck in front of a computer all day or on the phone trying to explain to the area coach those cost while customer service suffers. profit is almost elusive due to the fact of poor direction and communication down through the levels of management mostly due to the fact of poor corporate decisions and lack of overall knowledge of the way bob evans came to be a place great to eat, work ,and viewed the BEST resteraunt.

getting back to the original values and image is the direction that needs to happen. menu is getting way to big and is sometimes confusing to customer and unreasonable to achieve the food cooking time goals and server selling requirments as well as making training very difficult. lets make it simple stupid as i was once told by an admired managment mentor still working with the company.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. Bob is spinning in his grave!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austintown, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austintown, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans

Pros

I am struggling hard to find a pro. I guess it would be the other employees there. They are great and dont deserve the treatment they get

Cons

Training sucks, management sucks, its really a shame that the company has turned into THIS! They dont care about anything but the numbers.

Fire everyone and start all over again. You owe it to Bob, the creator of the restaurant, to carry out his vision. Shame on you

There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans.

Worked for Bob Evans? Contribute to the Community!