Bob's Discount Furniture
www.mybobs.com Manchester, CT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Its not what you know it is who you know

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Bob's Discount Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou can earn a descent living if you are aggressive on the sales floor and they do allow 4 day work weeks.

Cons-Promotions are based on who your friends with in upper management instead of performance and talent. Many sales managers are former employees of a company called Trans World or friends of Trans World employees that now work for Bobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should care more about their employees. All they care about is making their bonus and they often make decisions based on emotions instead of facts. If Bobs didn't flood the sales floor it would make the store more inviting to our customers, customers constantly make jokes and observations referencing how many employees we have in the store at one time.

Be afraid...Very afraid

Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Bob's Discount Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros: Free drinks, ice cream and cookies Nice discount on furniture Good benefits including… Cons: Awful HR department Pay is low Inconsistent discipline of employees Lack of advancement Favoritism given to top sales associates even when major company policies are broken Expectations for management… Advice to Senior Management: Managers should be given a chance to adapt to Bob's systems. I worked for a number of other retailers and the time spent on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company is way more concerned about bottom line figures than the associates and customers experience.

Sales (Current Employee)
Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Bob's Discount Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great place to work if you are lazy and want… Cons: Showroom is flooded with salespeople, and at times you may… Advice to Senior Management: Take feedback from staff more seriously, and hold individuals accountable,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bob's Discount Furniture.

Worked for Bob's Discount Furniture? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bob's Discount Furniture reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bob's Discount Furniture CEO Ted English. All reviews posted anonymously by Bob's Discount Furniture employees.