There are newer employer reviews for Boddie-Noell

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Reidsville, NC
Current Employee - Cashier in Reidsville, NC

I have been working at Boddie-Noell

Pros

Very flexible work schedule. Mostly nice people to work with. Great benefits to full-time employees. Good job for high school and college students who need to work around classes.

Cons

Favoritism often interferes with advancement opportunities. Personal issues aren't kept separate from work and some employees are treated better than others. Too much work put on certain employees depending on position of work.

Learn to keep home and work separate. Don't interfere with employees personal issues. Delegate work duties between employees fairly. Move only qualified employees up to management positions.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Boddie-Noell (View Most Recent)

Ok if you can tolerate the hours. Not the ideal for someone with a family.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Gloucester, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Gloucester, VA

I have been working at Boddie-Noell

Pros

Management and crew really work hard at being a cohesive team! The management and crew really work hard, helping each other, to deliver top of the line service to our guests.

Cons

From the district manager up, your concerns and suggestions will fall on deaf ears. No one's interested in your ideas. Often times, changes come down that seem almost knee-jerk, with little thought put into it, or perhaps it's that the change is miscommunicated. Either way, unit magement is often left scratching their heads trying to figure out how they're to overcome the challenges which accompany those changes.

You under-value your management staff. Be open to their suggestions, feedback, concerns, and at times, their solutions! About a month ago, our district manager told us our cashiers were to no longer say welcome to Hardee's to our guest as they arrived, nor sound off, nor ask if the guest wanted their order for here or to go. That was it. No amplification, nothing. Upon checking the applicable training task outilne, it was verified all these things were in fact still included in the outline, and still are today. Finally, you sunk money into your other concepts and as a result you've withheld pay raises for the the past two years. Some of us can live with it, mostly because we have other sources of income, while others have had to struggle to make ends meet - those would be the younger managers, ones with young children. You have a pot of gold in your management staff, if you'd only take stock in them.

Still more to learn. Youre not the only one on Earth.

Former Employee - Cook/Cashier  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at Boddie-Noell

Pros

If you have no work experience, BNE is a great place to start. It gives you the opportunity, not the change to work in a corporate environment will low qualified personnel. it's a good place to see who bad America eats, what means healthy food, what means a good job, why USA isn't the best nation in this world. Don't have great expectations, because you won't have any satisfaction. But, if you will work there, make sure you have some friendly pals around there. Just smile and wave, every bad thing in this pathetic life will end sooner then you expect.

Cons

Ohh, now that's where the fun starts. There is no proper cleaning in BNE restaurants, I expected more rules and more important, more followers of these rules. they really lack at this chapter. low qualified personnel. Very rude sometimes. Very stressful. Salary too low. no proper transportation to work. a 15 minute road lasted every day 1 hour. nad the most important thing: bad food. they don't know how to cook. i made my own food or ordered a special preparation method. all was greasy, with no taste, cold. the drinks were already cold, i didn't get the extra ice thing.

Just quit. You will make the best decision of your life.

There are newer employer reviews for Boddie-Noell

Worked for Boddie-Noell? Contribute to the Community!