Body Central

There are newer employer reviews for Body Central

Terrific 1st Job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Body Central part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Got A Raise Of 22 Cents, To My 7.25 That I Started Off, After 1 Year Of Working With Them, 40% Discount.

Cons

Dirty Store, Too Many Thieves, Rude Customers, Extremely Bad Location (Kidnappers & Rapists), Really Big Store That At Times Only 1 Sales Associate Had To Sweep & Mop All By Herself.

If You're Going To Enforce Rules You Must Follow Them As Well.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Body Central (View Most Recent)

Worst "position" I ever held.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Hickory, NC

I worked at Body Central full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The lights and music and the regulars who just wanted to be noisy. They were used to the drama on the sales floor and would come in for a dose and maybe a dress to wear to the club. Heeyyy! lol.

Cons

The Cons: The staff, store management (that hires the staff), district management (who was once a staff member who backstabbed her way to That position), and the regional management, who was the Original Gangster. If you like drama for the floor to the roof, don't let them fool you into thinking that it doesn't exist at BC. This place is Infested! They PREY on cute, mindless Young girls. You start at the age of 16 as a cashier. If you can take the heat And dish it out, be puppeted by management, you'll be on you way to Assistant Manager by 17, fired/ re-hired or promoted to a Co-Manager by 17 1/2, and a Store Manager by 20. If you're fortunate enough to last that long, then you've seen the entire store staff change at least 5 times. And if you're THAT dedicated, then you'll be a District Manager by 22. You'll be able to look back on how far you've come. and calculate how you're going to keep you managers in competition with on another, and keep your secrets very hidden. My DM was led out in handcuffs. Her secret is no longer safe.

Just shut everyone down and start over.

Good and Bad

Current Employee - Store
    Current Employee - Store

I have been working at Body Central full-time (more than an year)

Pros

discounts, fun staff, you can be creative with outfits

Cons

constant changes, pressure to minimize shrink but no help from corporate,

There are newer employer reviews for Body Central