There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Boeing--where are you going?

Current Employee - Design and Analysis Engineer in Everett, WA
Current Employee - Design and Analysis Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Boeing pays for continued education 100% Opportunity to move around the company and find a job you like.

Cons

Boeing is downsizing it's benefits packages. Outsourcing. Cyclical jobs. Living in rainy Seattle (there are other job locations). Less than competitive wages, depending on the program. Hierarchical atmosphere. Communication difficulties between groups.

Advice to Management

Invest in new technology and ideas. Listen to your new, young people coming out of college who want to work cutting edge jobs and are communication savvy. Put back better medical options, quit outsourcing so much and find innovative ways (besides hiring more contractors) to stabilize the company's cyclical swings.

reviews filtered by
  1. Awesome company. Best job I will ever have. I could not be happier.

Current Employee - Instructional Systems Operational Support in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Instructional Systems Operational Support in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Pride in our work. Knowing that our products are keeping our military personnel out of harms way. Knowing that they are recieving the best products we can produce to help them with their mission. Knowing that you are working with the best personnel in the industry and they share your goals for the warfighter.

Cons

Companys in this industry rely on government contracts. It can be a little scary at the end of a contract. The possibility of getting laid off is always there.

Advice to Management

Always ensure you keep employees aware of the company's intentions for the future. Continue to listen to employees.

Best Internship.

Former Employee - IE in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - IE in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing

Pros

Opportunity to work on airplanes and having a large group to support you if you are unsure of what you are doing. They treat the interns very well and allow you to see a lot within the company. Many areas to move to within the company including the defense side.

Cons

Unions and the large environment will lead to very slow change. Not enough emphasis on Lean. The current strike shows how the union and company can not get a long. there is no sense of team work between the two and they really need to bring that back and remove the union from the equation.

Advice to Management

Remove the union environment

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing