1984 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Boeing--where are you going?

Current Employee - Design and Analysis Engineer  in  Everett, WA
Current Employee - Design and Analysis Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Boeing pays for continued education 100% Opportunity to move around the company and find a job you like.

Cons

Boeing is downsizing it's benefits packages. Outsourcing. Cyclical jobs. Living in rainy Seattle (there are other job locations). Less than competitive wages, depending on the program. Hierarchical atmosphere. Communication difficulties between groups.

Invest in new technology and ideas. Listen to your new, young people coming out of college who want to work cutting edge jobs and are communication savvy. Put back better medical options, quit outsourcing so much and find innovative ways (besides hiring more contractors) to stabilize the company's cyclical swings.

Other Reviews for Boeing

Awesome company. Best job I will ever have. I could not be happier.

Current Employee - Instructional Systems Operational Support  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Instructional Systems Operational Support in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Pride in our work. Knowing that our products are keeping our military personnel out of harms way. Knowing that they are recieving the best products we can produce to help them with their mission. Knowing that you are working with the best personnel in the industry and they share your goals for the warfighter.

Cons

Companys in this industry rely on government contracts. It can be a little scary at the end of a contract. The possibility of getting laid off is always there.

Always ensure you keep employees aware of the company's intentions for the future. Continue to listen to employees.

Great Benefits, Terrible Management

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Company educational and health benefits.

Cons

Experience of management team. Senior management lack of vision. Good 'ol boy network. Values cost over experience. Mass layoffs.

Hire competent management team and oversee them. Provide a system where the right people are held accountable for bad decisions. Provide a system where high risk decisions are reviewed by at least two tiers of management.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!