Boeing

www.boeing.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Slow-moving, difficult to change.

Former Employee - Real Time Software Engineer in Huntington Beach, CA
Former Employee - Real Time Software Engineer in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Boeing

Pros

Boeing provides relatively good benefits when comparing with other defense companies. There are pockets of high-performing, very productive teams. If you can find a manager who cares, there is great opportunity to advance quickly.

Cons

Boeing is slow to react to change, no matter how beneficial the change may be. This is especially true in software, where "process change" is a bad word until a highly-paid consultant suggests it.
Pockets of inept management.
Poor infrastructure and tool set provided to software engineers.
Often very little opportunity for career advancement.

Encourage and reward exceptional performance. Ensure that your employees are paid competitively before they get an offer elsewhere. Hire employees to do more than just fill a seat; specifically, hire software engineers to build software and ensure that your systems engineers are involved at all stages of development. Give your software engineers the tools that they need to do their job efficiently.

2395 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

GREAT INTERN EXPERIENCE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing

Pros

Company really takes you in and makes you feel comfortable as an intern. The Seattle program is fantastic. A lot of responsibility, not like a get coffee kind of internship.

Cons

Job placement after isnt as good as they say it will be. Really make every effort to seek out opportunities and do info interviews with managers.

I like the people I work with; change within an aging workforce can be challenging, but I wouldn't work anywhere else.

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Awesome education benefits! Zero cost, comprehensive medical/dental insurance. The company wants people to enjoy their work, and if they don't, they try to place them in a position within the company that they will enjoy. My family and I have always felt Boeing has taken very good care of us; we feel secure career-wise

Cons

There can be a crazy amount of beaurocracy! There is an aging workforce, so there are many employees (and managers) who are just "camping" until retirement. This makes change difficult, as innovation can feel as if it is discouraged. However, this will pass, and there will be many opportunities for those who are still there.

Encourage change to happen. Require employees to do some sort of professional development every year; senior employees lack knowledge of current technologies, so they fear it. The result: innovation dies.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing