Boeing

www.boeing.com

Good company but overworked and under-appreciated in the wrong job.

Static Loads Engineer (Former Employee) Renton, WA

ProsOpportunities to travel and gain some great experience working with other companies. Paid to attend relevant courses. Supportive supervisors and first level management.

ConsHired mostly college grads and exploited their eagerness to pay them less and make them work lots of overtime. Very little direction given on projects. Constantly changing analysis software, expecting employees to become experts in a few weeks and provide professional results immediately after. Significant contributions to project success earned a "satisfactory" rating on performance reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you bring in new graduates, work with them to place them in an area where they will thrive and grow instead of getting exhausted and quitting. Also: If your employees perform well, acknowledge it verbally and give us a good review! Don't just send us a printed form certificate saying "Thanks!" along with with just enough points to buy $20 of cheap plastic crap from the company store.

Slow-moving, difficult to change.

Real Time Software Engineer (Former Employee) Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Boeing

Pros: Boeing provides relatively good benefits when comparing with other defense companies. There are pockets of high-performing, very… Cons: Boeing is slow to react to change, no matter how beneficial the change may be. This is especially true in software, where "process change" is… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage and reward exceptional performance. Ensure that your employees are paid competitively before they get an offer elsewhere. Hire employees to do more than just… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Chaos

Functional (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Boeing

Pros: Benefits, Name Recognition of Company Cons: Poor Leadership, Outmoded Management Style Advice to Senior Management: Pay Attention to your staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!