Boeing

www.boeing.com
  www.boeing.com
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Great place for improvement towards management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ballwin, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ballwin, MO

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

The company offers growth towards management is always a good pro of this company. Stock summaries as well are in good standing.

Cons

Long hours can sometimes come about from here as well as relocation if you are not subject to change. Lay offs have happened several times throughout my time here.

2224 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

technical recruiter that does the job

Current Employee - Lead Technical Writer in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Lead Technical Writer in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

The Edge Technical Services staff was willing to work with me on the details of my compensation, including doing a little necessary research. They conduct an occasional team lunch, and it's local. My paychecks are never late; in fact mine usually appear in my bank a day or two early. When I contact them for any reason everyone is friendly and eager to please. They seem competent at what they do, and have a lot of big-name clients.

Cons

It would be nice to get a personal visit or an email a little more often, maybe, but it's not strictly necessary.

I like the people I work with; change within an aging workforce can be challenging, but I wouldn't work anywhere else.

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Awesome education benefits! Zero cost, comprehensive medical/dental insurance. The company wants people to enjoy their work, and if they don't, they try to place them in a position within the company that they will enjoy. My family and I have always felt Boeing has taken very good care of us; we feel secure career-wise

Cons

There can be a crazy amount of beaurocracy! There is an aging workforce, so there are many employees (and managers) who are just "camping" until retirement. This makes change difficult, as innovation can feel as if it is discouraged. However, this will pass, and there will be many opportunities for those who are still there.

Encourage change to happen. Require employees to do some sort of professional development every year; senior employees lack knowledge of current technologies, so they fear it. The result: innovation dies.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing