There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Discriminatory organization to say the least

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Boeing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits, working conditions, corporate enviornment. Just about all the perks you're looking for in a company is there: flex-time, telecommute, 9/80, etc...

Cons

Most African Americans consider it a discriminatory organization, they pride themselves on the cases being difficult to prove. If you research the company on the internet you'll see there's a history of it. People aren't banding together to file class action lawsuits for nothing. Within a few weeks of starting my employment there, I received a letter in the mail indicating I was eligible to be included in a class action law suit.

If class action law suits don't change them, I'm pretty sure my advice won't. They'll just modify it to make it good anyway.

reviews filtered by

A great place to work

Current Employee - Engineering Specialist in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Engineering Specialist in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary, good benefits, flexible work schedule, opportunities to develop yourself

Cons

Bureaucracy, Bureaucracy, Bureaucracy. Parking can be tough. Too much dead weight.

Get rid of under-performing people.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Great bennies, Good pay, Friendly atmosphere. The northwest is a beautiful place to live. Despite what others say, it doesn't constantly rain, however there are allot a grey sky days. The weather sure beats the blowing furnace in Kansas where I came from. There's lots of things to do up here for people like me who like an active lifestyle. From hiking to biking, water skiing to snow skiing, and the Puget Sound right at your doorstep! There are carpooling options and bus transit options so you don't have to put the miles on your auto if you don't want to.

Cons

Parking at the Everett Facility is a nightmare. This factory is HUGE! The Cost of Living is quite expensive. I'm paying about 35% more on apartment rent. Traffic can be bad if you try driving down south to Seattle in the afternoon.

The two managers I have dealt with so far have been absolutely great! They listen to your concerns, very down-to-earth, and are willing to work with you. I hope that any other management working at Boeing reads this, and strives to reach the same goals. I'll re-review in a year to see if I still feel the same way, but so far, so good.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing