There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Discriminatory organization to say the least

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Boeing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits, working conditions, corporate enviornment. Just about all the perks you're looking for in a company is there: flex-time, telecommute, 9/80, etc...

Cons

Most African Americans consider it a discriminatory organization, they pride themselves on the cases being difficult to prove. If you research the company on the internet you'll see there's a history of it. People aren't banding together to file class action lawsuits for nothing. Within a few weeks of starting my employment there, I received a letter in the mail indicating I was eligible to be included in a class action law suit.

Advice to Management

If class action law suits don't change them, I'm pretty sure my advice won't. They'll just modify it to make it good anyway.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. IT intern

Current Employee - IT Summer Intern in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - IT Summer Intern in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great benefits, flexibility with hours, ability to over through company

Cons

typical corporate structure, senseless meetings, no sense of importance upon employees

Advice to Management

move into the 21st century w/ protocols/procedures/styles

Don't Work Hard Because it Won't Matter

Former Employee - Customer Support in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Good 401K matching. If you make it to 49 and get laid off, you can get medical for $10/month until Medicare. They never tell you that, however.

Cons

Too many know it alls, too many meetings for no reason, salaries are low. BTW, why doesn't Glass Door use MEDIAN salaries? Average tells you very little. Lousy starting vacation (2weeks).

Advice to Management

Stop thinking the management knows all, does all, is all. The employees are who made this company. Why not have a REAL stock incentive plan? Only the big shots seem to get anything. Keep the # of people at 30% less. Pay the people more and have fewer people with more work to do (thins mostly applies to the office). I NEVER had enough work to do, thus managers and others would come up with make-work activities (5S, savings bonds, EXPO, etc. ). I and others I know were mostly bored. Get rid of the retention codes. It just puts a number on people makes them feel dismotivated, since your code can never go up once it is down (for a number of reasons).