Boeing

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Life of a Boeing Employee

Current Employee - Field Service Representative III in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Field Service Representative III in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

College tuition assistance, 401K matching, pension, pay, and healthcare

Cons

defense sector job security, frequent travel, possiblity of moving from city to city.

2183 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Boeing has a tremendous field of job opportunities for employment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Boeing offers retirement , 401k with paid vacation ,sick leave and paid holidays along with decent medical and dental benefits.

Cons

Boeing's hiring is out sourced by another company screening job postings. Difficult to even fill out an application for employment for those that have skills . Key words needed when applying to even get an application.

The Ignored

Current Employee - Assembler in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Assembler in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. There is zero accountability.

Cons

There is zero accountability.
         Hearing how management wants you to have a work/life balance by working every other weekend is a total joke Upper management is completely clueless as to what goes on out on the floor.
         They say the mechanics are the life blood of the company, yet they have proven that the farther away from the plane you work, the more money you will make. The guy driving the forklift makes more than the A&P mechanic. But the lowest paid people on the floor are the QTs. Only industry in the world where quality makes less than the assemblers. Wages are a joke for the aircraft industry.

Actually listen to the employees on the floor and not just your 2nd level managers and directors. We do not want pizza dinners, or ice cream. We want to feel like your listening to our issues.
         Quit trying to sell the job just so you can look like your making progress. There is no use in doing a job just to say you did something, and then take it all apart so you can finish a job that came before it.
         Hire more Quality. I know of a team on 2nd shift that has 3 people to do the same job that first shift does with 10. If you cannot figure out why moral is so low, maybe start looking at the real numbers and listen to the first line managers.
         We see what your doing to bring the union in, what are you doing to keep it out?

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing