There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Boeing employee loves the benefits but not the bureaucracy

Current Employee - Project Administrator in Everett, WA
Current Employee - Project Administrator in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Boeing creates some of the greatest consumer products in the World. Working for a company that manufactures incredible flying machines makes you proud. The Company is absolutely huge and allows you to meet so many people and network constantly. Boeing takes care of their employees and offers an unbelievable benefits package. I feel like mine is better than any of my friends because I work at Boeing. Boeing employees are offered myriad discounts by local and national businesses. The Company will pay for your bachelors and graduate degrees. They also offer 100 shares of stock when you receive your diploma.

Cons

There are definitely some drawbacks to working at Boeing. First of all, the Company is huge and in some respects operates more like the federal government than most other public corporations. A combination of working heavily with the military and the frequent labor disputes make this company very bureaucratic. The worst thing about working at Boeing is the fact that it's a public company that usually doesn't make major decisions with the employees in mind. I know so many people who were fired in the recent "reduction in force" and it makes you feel a bit uneasy in your position.

Advice to Management

That they need to connect better with their employees. There was such a huge disconnect in the Company when the world headquarters moved to Chicago. How can you make the big decisions if you're so far away? I would suggest that some of the Senior Management come out and meet with people at the different sites. It would be nice to put the faces to the names. I also think that you could put together a solid sustainable leadership training program that identifies talent from the first day. I know a lot of people who are way more competent than their position requires. I also know people that are very incompetent in leadership positions. You need a better performance evaluation program.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great products, but quality of SOW depends on group.

Current Employee - Systems / Data Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Systems / Data Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Benefits, paid tuition, networking, work experience at fortune 100 company.

Cons

Beuracracy, even white collar job pay and level seems based on years of service rather than performance, lack of career advancement.

Advice to Management

Stop making business decisions that are too risky that go against basic commen sense.

Boeing needs to keep suppliers close to assy, keep schedules better, keep reviews based on performance, not politics.

Former Employee - Technical Designer in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Designer in Everett, WA

I worked at Boeing

Pros

They have good benefits and you can gain good experience there.

Cons

You have to deal with bureaucracy and politics.

Advice to Management

Learn how to use scheduling software better and encourage all levels of management to use it. Also, keep your suppliers closer to the final production line, so that problems can be resolved more quickly.