There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Boeing employee loves the benefits but not the bureaucracy

Current Employee - Project Administrator  in  Everett, WA
Current Employee - Project Administrator in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Boeing creates some of the greatest consumer products in the World. Working for a company that manufactures incredible flying machines makes you proud. The Company is absolutely huge and allows you to meet so many people and network constantly. Boeing takes care of their employees and offers an unbelievable benefits package. I feel like mine is better than any of my friends because I work at Boeing. Boeing employees are offered myriad discounts by local and national businesses. The Company will pay for your bachelors and graduate degrees. They also offer 100 shares of stock when you receive your diploma.

Cons

There are definitely some drawbacks to working at Boeing. First of all, the Company is huge and in some respects operates more like the federal government than most other public corporations. A combination of working heavily with the military and the frequent labor disputes make this company very bureaucratic. The worst thing about working at Boeing is the fact that it's a public company that usually doesn't make major decisions with the employees in mind. I know so many people who were fired in the recent "reduction in force" and it makes you feel a bit uneasy in your position.

That they need to connect better with their employees. There was such a huge disconnect in the Company when the world headquarters moved to Chicago. How can you make the big decisions if you're so far away? I would suggest that some of the Senior Management come out and meet with people at the different sites. It would be nice to put the faces to the names. I also think that you could put together a solid sustainable leadership training program that identifies talent from the first day. I know a lot of people who are way more competent than their position requires. I also know people that are very incompetent in leadership positions. You need a better performance evaluation program.

2010 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

In an area such as software, Boeing is a very comfortable place to work.

Current Employee - Software Engineer III  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Boeing is a large company with a lot of opportunities. Certain job types (such as software engineering) and certain programs provide paid overtime and exceptional job security. The benefits package matches or exceeds that of most other large companies. A technical career path, equivalent to management, is available. The last week in December is paid time off. Good work/life balance in fields such as software.

Cons

Software salaries do not match those of other large companies. Vacation starts at 2 weeks and is slow to increase. Changes take a long time to work their way through the company.

Modernize the company. Take advantage of young, technologically advanced employees. Ensure knowledge is transferred from retiring employees.

Good benefits at the lazy B.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing

Pros

the tuition reimbursement program is very nice, you can take just about any class and boeing will pay for books and tuition however you will be taxed for non career related classes. the medical benifits are great. Job security is pretty good if you are in engineering. You get paid overtime. Worsk schedules are flexible.

Cons

there is a lot of politics, some people are lazy and surf the internet all day and play solitaire. because of the job security people are not motivated to do work. because of the ups and downs of the airline industry managers are afraid to hire new hires and it makes the age gap 17+ years.

get more new hires.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!