Boeing

www.boeing.com

Boeing employee loves the benefits but not the bureaucracy

Project Administrator (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsBoeing creates some of the greatest consumer products in the World. Working for a company that manufactures incredible flying machines makes you proud. The Company is absolutely huge and allows you to meet so many people and network constantly. Boeing takes care of their employees and offers an unbelievable benefits package. I feel like mine is better than any of my friends because I work at Boeing. Boeing employees are offered myriad discounts by local and national businesses. The Company will pay for your bachelors and graduate degrees. They also offer 100 shares of stock when you receive your diploma.

ConsThere are definitely some drawbacks to working at Boeing. First of all, the Company is huge and in some respects operates more like the federal government than most other public corporations. A combination of working heavily with the military and the frequent labor disputes make this company very bureaucratic. The worst thing about working at Boeing is the fact that it's a public company that usually doesn't make major decisions with the employees in mind. I know so many people who were fired in the recent "reduction in force" and it makes you feel a bit uneasy in your position.

Advice to Senior ManagementThat they need to connect better with their employees. There was such a huge disconnect in the Company when the world headquarters moved to Chicago. How can you make the big decisions if you're so far away? I would suggest that some of the Senior Management come out and meet with people at the different sites. It would be nice to put the faces to the names. I also think that you could put together a solid sustainable leadership training program that identifies talent from the first day. I know a lot of people who are way more competent than their position requires. I also know people that are very incompetent in leadership positions. You need a better performance evaluation program.

Boeing is a good place to work.

Network Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Boeing

Pros: Boeing has a great benefit package. It is a… Cons: It is a typical bureaucracy where you have to be careful on how you tread. It is easy to get… Advice to Senior Management: Be careful about what physical job sites you shutdown without… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

You can get paid to be lost in an ocean

Process Engineer III (Current Employee) Renton, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros: Great work/life balance. Flexible hours and ability to take time off when needed. Benefits are great, who has a pension… Cons: The red tape is thick, bureaucracy is the name of the game. Don't shake the boat too much, people get upset. Thirty-year… Advice to Senior Management: Acknowledge and reward new ideas from new Boeing employees. You… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!