There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

I wish I stayed

Current Employee - Mechanical Systems Design and Analysis Engineer  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Mechanical Systems Design and Analysis Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than a year

Pros

stability, great work environment, fun work

Cons

big company, lots of red tape

2024 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Huge Bureaucratic Machine Where Mediocrity Rules and Ambition Goes To Die

Current Employee - Business Analyst III  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Light Workload
    Low Expecations
    Nice Christmas Break
    "Experienced" work force
    Work-Life Balance
    Pay for OT

Cons

Uncompetitive Compensation
    Slow Career Advancement
    Culture of Mediocrity
    Unhappy atmosphere
    Bureaucratic system bogs down all decision making
    Contempt between labor forces; Engineering vs. Mechanics vs. Business Professionals

The culture should encourage employees to excel at their positions and be excited to work for an aerospace innovator, not demoralize and belittle them into believing that they don't deserve any better. The culture of "Rules and Processes" before "Innovative Approaches and Personal Excellence" has cost the company most of their young, bright minds, and will continue to hamper the company until changes are made. Most young Engineers and Business Professionals I know in the company want to leave.

Used to be great place to work Boeing Ridley Park Philadelphia PA and has declined on H47 Program in past 5 years

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Ridley Park, PA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Ridley Park, PA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Health Benefits, 401K 75 Percent match on first 8% employee contribution, Fair pay, Retirement plan for those who were hired before benefit was removed.

Cons

Boeing Ridley Park Philadelphia PA has some real problems with people behaviors. Very rude gritty attitude. The most Sr Executive Management VP running the place uses fear tactics on the H47 Chinook Program to drive productivity driving low morale. Lousy office building, leaky roof, filthily bathrooms, dirty carpets, Coal dust from PECO coal plant next door. Being a Manager is worst position in the place.When the economy gets better and if I have an option,I will leave.

Time to change out Philadelphia Site Executive VP Manager LC . Fix the Office areas on river side of the complex. Treat lower levels of management with respect, and respect will flow and change the culture. Make it wort it to be a Manager, today you can make more money as a worker.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!