Boeing

www.boeing.com
  www.boeing.com
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Really happy to work here.

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very competitive salary, great benefits, good work environment, good people to work with, good management. Great weather here in Long Beach

Cons

Not as much room for advancement as in Everett, WA.

2236 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Boeing SC- B787 Dreamliner Final Assembly and Delivery

Former Employee - Flight Line Mechanic in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Flight Line Mechanic in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Boeing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits are decent. Clean and sterile work environment.

Cons

(A)Training by "ReadySC" was an absolute farce. (B) Changed my work starting times 4 times in the same week? (Starting times ranged from 5:30AM to 3PM) (C) Perpetual mandatory and life altering overtime. (D) Wages BELOW par in a state with an 8% tax and a part of the country were the cost of living isn't exactly cheap! (E) Add AT LEAST one hour to your day due to the HORRIFIC employee parking fiasco. Boeing invested MILLIONS in this campus...but left the masses parked in what might as been another zip code. It's called a parking garage Boeing! (F) Told on my 2nd day I'd not see my real work station, 88-88, for a VERY long time. This wasn't my offer when I agreed to work there. I didn't join "the team" to assemble or wire aircraft or go to Boeing SC classes to earn another FAA A&P license. (G) No scheduled pay raises and in fact a ridiculous methodology of "merit raises" achieved by..you know.

With little doubt and considering the present environment, I've little doubt that the I.A.M & A.W. Union will get a "yes" vote in short time. I met a lot of smiles faces in days 1~3 but even some of those in orientation were contradictory to their own love of Boeing. Those smiling faces were gone by day 4 and the true nature of the beast was already rearing it's ugly head. The pressure to make up for the years of development blunders on the Dreamliner should NOT be placed on the rank and file. I may have departed my brief employment but not the friendships I fostered in a very short time.

Stagnant, Entitled Culture

Current Employee - Sales Analyst Intern in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Analyst Intern in Renton, WA

I have been working at Boeing as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Strong retirement benefits, company makes a exciting product. Job security is high, and business will be stable.

Cons

The culture has an acceptance for mediocre work, simply because they know that competition is limited. Initiative and drive to do exemplary work is discouraged, and employees are expected to put their head down and simply complete the task at hand. Approach is singularly about beating Airbus, not being the best that Boeing can be.

Hire from a more select group of schools and profiles. The number of weak candidates is bringing down overall performance. Also, hold critical feedback sessions for managers, many of whom have been promoted on seniority, not abillity

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing