Boeing

www.boeing.com
  www.boeing.com
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Best products on the planet

Current Employee - Finance in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Finance in Houston, TX

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wide variety of world class products to work on.

Career advancement, entry level opportunities, different geographic relocation potential, international growth, work flexibility, incentive plan, world class employee benefits.

Balance between commercial aircraft, defense platforms and programs, space and satellites business base.

Diverse workforce and leadership open to wide variety of idea and approaches.

Ethical and financially conservative leadership.

Cons

It is easy to work too hard as you never run out of interesting challenges.

Stock price seems to only follow the Commercial Aircraft side.

Keep funding pensions; increase dividends.

2236 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

lots of opportunities

Current Employee - Software Product Manager in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Software Product Manager in Renton, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Boeing has a fire department, a security force, artists, lawyers, and just about any profession you want to pursue. In fact, Ralph McQuarry, the artist behind darth vadar and other star wars imagery started as a technical illustrator at Boeing (not that I'd recommend Boeing as the normal career path to Hollywood screen artist). Lots of different opportunities, most especially if you are an engineer that likes airplanes or spaceships. Generally pretty good to the people. I've spent 23 yrs as an engineer at Boeing and had opportunities to travel the world (business class!) supporting our airline customers. I've been to China, Africa, Europe multiple times, staying in 5 star hotels. Compensation is good.

Cons

I've been at Boeing since college so it's my only employer experience as a "professional." I suspect most big companies have similar problems...a few dilbert-esque managers, cubical-ville, big crowded parking lots with long walks to the office, dumb mandatory online "training" classes resulting from lawsuits or other corporate mistakes that don't enrich the employee as much as they provide legal cover for future lawsuits. A huge process driven bureaucracy that frequently stifles or slows innovation.

I am a closet entrepreneur and love business. While I value my engineering degree I think if I had it to do over again I'd probably get a business degree first. NPV, ROI, Customer Value, sales...I love it. That said, I do feel like we've lost our engineering edge and passion in favor of the MBA-approach to decision making. I don't sense the same sheer love for airplanes that drove us in the early days.

great

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

good pay and benefits for sure

Cons

none that i can think of

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing