Boeing
3.5 of 5 1,857 reviews
www.boeing.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Can't get work done because we're too busy with this month's fad quality initiative!

Design & Integration Specialist (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsBoeing has fabulous benefits and makes great products. Other companies make important things, too, but I can put my hand on an airplane or a satellite and say, "I helped make that." The sense of pride and accomplishment when a new plane takes off, or a new rocket blasts away, is worth everything.

ConsStifling bureaucracy and red tape make it very difficult to get real changes implemented. Far too much time is spent over "corporate masturbation" initiatives (LEAN is the big one right now). Senior management also likes to push employees to take ethics training, in spite of repeated unethical behavior. There's also a clear dichotomy within Boeing--if you're a designer, they want to keep you. If you're an operations person, they want to outsource you. Keeping only the "thinking" people and getting rid of all the "doing" people has contributed directly to where the company is right now, gazing into its own navel.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to cost-cut your way to profitability. You're scaring away the people you need to keep.

A great place to work, but has its challenges.

Technology Manager (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing

Pros: Boeing makes great products that are the best in the industry.… Cons: Being such a large organization, it is difficult for information and idea sharing. Sometimes the metrics used to gauge our success get in the… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage internal communication, technical sharing and work collaboration across organizational boundaries. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall, a good place to work.

Structure and Payload Engineer (Current Employee)
    Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros: Very good benefits; lots of different job types and the ability to learn various aspects about other jobs; tons of opportunites if you'll get out… Cons: The company is so large that it is very easy to feel like you're lost in a sea of people and that your efforts go… Advice to Senior Management: Get involved with your line workers. You can't really make the great decisions that are needed unless you know what is really happening by being… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boeing CEO Jim McNerney Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees.