Boeing

www.boeing.com

Not the best, but by far not the worst.

Propulsion Engineer (Current Employee) Mukilteo, WA

ProsGreat benefits despite Boeing's continued attempts at lowering them.
Some of the smartest and best engineers I've ever worked with are here.
Although I'm not banking on it still being around in its current form, the pension is very nice on top of the 401K (Boeing VIP) plan.
Huge company that encourages exploring in different departments and divisions to make sure you are working on the things you want to work on.

ConsPolitics within upper management is crazy. You have to learn how to play the politics in order to be able to move ahead.
Management has a tendency to establish career advancement within the company in such a way that you either HAVE to play their politics or you just go to an outside company and get hired back at a higher level.
Bureaucracy is ridiculous.
Boeing's continued attempts to focus engineers into processes rather than actual engineering. This of course is done to undermine the experience that the engineers bring and try to apply the experience into processes so that they can replace much higher paid and experienced engineers with younger, lesser paid engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit trying to shift the company's core skills from engineering to integrators. Don't steer away from the engineering, there's not that many places that have the rich engineering knowledge.

contract work at Boeing

Manufacturing Engineering (Former Employee) Everett, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very courteous and treat their employees with respect and the benefits… Cons: communication is sometimes an issue they have limited scope for designated… Advice to Senior Management: career advice and open dialogue with contractors Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A very rewarding experience that has pushed me to the limits and allowed me to grow beyond my expectations.

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Technical challenges, co-workers, large company with lots of room to… Cons: Large company bureaucracy, co-workers, slow adoption pace of new tech Advice to Senior Management: Be more nimble with adoption of new technology such as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!