Boeing
3.5 of 5 1,856 reviews
www.boeing.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

It's possible to have a very good career at Boeing. Several good people but also a handful of weak-spots in management.

Accountant (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsBenefits were above average. In Chicago, they have a very good cafeteria onsite. Also have a nice gym in the building. The products and industry are interesting and the company is a market leader. The company is profitable, even in down years.

ConsAdvancement opportunities are more limited in Chicago, since none of the operations are in the area. Geographic flexibility (willingness to relocate to St. Louis or Seattle) will aid career progression.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO is too insulated from the employees. He has a private elevator, etc. Obviously there are security needs but he seemed detached. Perhaps this is why he didn't have an accurate understanding when crucial programs (787) fell behind schedule, despite his insistence to the contrary. Either the CEO was not aware, or was not being transparent, neither of which reflects well.

contract work at Boeing

Manufacturing Engineering (Former Employee)
    Everett, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very courteous and treat their employees with respect and the benefits… Cons: communication is sometimes an issue they have limited scope for designated… Advice to Senior Management: career advice and open dialogue with contractors Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A very rewarding experience that has pushed me to the limits and allowed me to grow beyond my expectations.

Engineering Manager (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Technical challenges, co-workers, large company with lots of room to… Cons: Large company bureaucracy, co-workers, slow adoption pace of new tech Advice to Senior Management: Be more nimble with adoption of new technology such as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boeing CEO Jim McNerney Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees.