Boeing

www.boeing.com

It's possible to have a very good career at Boeing. Several good people but also a handful of weak-spots in management.

Accountant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBenefits were above average. In Chicago, they have a very good cafeteria onsite. Also have a nice gym in the building. The products and industry are interesting and the company is a market leader. The company is profitable, even in down years.

ConsAdvancement opportunities are more limited in Chicago, since none of the operations are in the area. Geographic flexibility (willingness to relocate to St. Louis or Seattle) will aid career progression.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO is too insulated from the employees. He has a private elevator, etc. Obviously there are security needs but he seemed detached. Perhaps this is why he didn't have an accurate understanding when crucial programs (787) fell behind schedule, despite his insistence to the contrary. Either the CEO was not aware, or was not being transparent, neither of which reflects well.

contract work at Boeing

Manufacturing Engineering (Former Employee) Everett, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very courteous and treat their employees with respect and the benefits… Cons: communication is sometimes an issue they have limited scope for designated… Advice to Senior Management: career advice and open dialogue with contractors Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not the best, but by far not the worst.

Propulsion Engineer (Current Employee) Mukilteo, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits despite Boeing's continued attempts at lowering them. Some of the smartest and best engineers I've ever worked with are here. Although I'm not… Cons: Politics within upper management is crazy. You have to learn how to play the politics in order to be able to move ahead. Management has… Advice to Senior Management: Quit trying to shift the company's core skills from engineering to integrators. Don't steer… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!