Boeing

www.boeing.com

Very good company to work for, a bit stodgy but solid and secure.

Technical Analyst (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsIt's a fun, family atmosphere. Great technology, great people, making a daily job of doing things that used to be impossible.

ConsUpper management is clueless in a Dilbertish way. The constant shifting of org charts does nothing to help the fundamentally disorganized structure of the company; it's hard to find the people you need. Certain things are hideously inefficient: Ordering small parts and supplies typically requires an amount of red tape that greatly exceeds the price of what you're ordering, and I've often seen people go through five hours' worth of finance paperwork, phone calls, trying to find out where the process stalled, perhaps for weeks, to get a one hour, one person job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementPenny wise, pound foolish. First thing to fix is the finance department, which is a wreck. Next, how about attracting some people to replace all the high-end engineers who are retiring in a decade or so? Don't forget, it takes eight or ten years for a good engineer to really learn how this whole building-a-jet-airplane thing works. You'd probably better start finding and keeping engineering grads now, or you won't have the skills available to continue development a decade from now.

Facilities (puget sound) should also be cracked down on; they're getting away with too much. How about some accountability?

Great company to work for in St. Louis area

Software Engineer III (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: They go out of their way to find jobs for people when programs get cancelled or delayed. Very very very good benefits. Lots… Cons: Salaries are driven to a mid-point based on your grade and promotions… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

lot of opportuinities

I have been working at Boeing

Pros: A lot of overtime, great benefits Cons: Same as everywhere else in the area More
There are newer reviews on Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!