Boeing

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Growing my own career

Current Employee - Systems Engineer III in Kent, WA
Current Employee - Systems Engineer III in Kent, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

such a large company that they're bound to be doing something I find interesting, benefits package are superior (even without union representation), opportunities to actually use what i learned in school, international and domestic travel

Cons

such a large company it's easy to get lost with the rest of the cogs in the machine

learn to keep your younger employees engaged and interested, if you're trying to 'hide' certain employees make sure they're not just pushing paper around, appreciate the degree i spent time in getting since that's what you hired me for

2236 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Former Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

broad range of work available

Cons

can get lost in the sea of bodies - i.e. large company

people are Boeing's most important resource - treat them well and acknowledge those that perform and add value to the company.

What others dream, we do

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Where else in the world do you get to contribute to the design and engineering of some of the most complex pieces of machinery in existence. At Boeing you have the opportunity to work on everything from software to spaceships, from nuts and bolts to entire airplanes. It is the best place I have ever worked.

Cons

Typical large company bureaucracies. Cost cutting measures starting to show in benefits reductions for non-union employees (benefits still better than most of the world). Seemingly short sighted view of the world by senior executives.
    High overtime was fine when we were compensated for it but starting Jan 2014 managers will no longer get paid for more than 40 hours a week but are expected to work it. (I average 50 to 60 hours a week)

Fully fund programs up front and allow managers to staff to work statement and not arbitrarily cut 30% off budgets to meet arbitrary goals.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing