Boeing
3.5 of 5 1,856 reviews
www.boeing.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

The company treats you really well, but it's still a corporation.

Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

ProsBoeing treats interns amazingly. It's incredible. We received many tours, got to have video teleconferences with almost all of the top executives (pretty much everyone except McNerney), received the chance to use the F-18 flight simulator, and had lots of other great events. The benefits the company provides are thorough and easy to understand.

The people who work there are all pretty sharp. They're fun individuals and are easy to ask questions to, which helped a lot. Overall, I'd say the environment at Boeing was conducive to collaboration and interaction.

ConsThe company is massive, and that causes several issues that can be a bit off-putting.

- Boeing has 175,000 employees. You may often feel that you are contributing very little to the company, and that many of the applications and projects seem like they don't need to exist.
- There is a lot of red tape. It's kind of unavoidable with a company so massive, so it's hard to fault Boeing. But of my 12-week internship, the first two weeks were spent getting my accounts set up across the company and trying to become comfortable with slower company processes.
- The corporate environment unfortunately leads to a workplace that isn't very energetic. I mentioned earlier that it's fairly social, but there's nothing terribly exciting about the workplace and it can feel very dry. At times, I definitely felt like an office drone.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is great. I'm not trying to turn off people from working there, because there are many great opportunities available at Boeing. The fact of the matter is, though, that working at such a large corporation dampens the feeling that one is making an impact on society.

Fantastic place to have a career!

Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee)
    Seal Beach, CA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Amazing people and amazing products. The company has a culture of "doing the right thing", which is very comforting. World… Cons: There is a lot of bureacracy and a very conservative… Advice to Senior Management: The personal technology future is now - get on it! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I loved my internship experience at Boeing!

Finance Intern (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing as an intern

Pros: -Great work life balance -Exposure to management -Working close with the product (planes) -Lots of discounts through… Cons: -Parking can be tough -Some methods are outdated -Very big generation gap… Advice to Senior Management: Utilize the strengths of the younger employees coming in. Because there is such a large generation gap… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boeing CEO Jim McNerney Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees.