Boeing

www.boeing.com
  www.boeing.com
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

The company treats you really well, but it's still a corporation.

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Boeing as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Boeing treats interns amazingly. It's incredible. We received many tours, got to have video teleconferences with almost all of the top executives (pretty much everyone except McNerney), received the chance to use the F-18 flight simulator, and had lots of other great events. The benefits the company provides are thorough and easy to understand.

The people who work there are all pretty sharp. They're fun individuals and are easy to ask questions to, which helped a lot. Overall, I'd say the environment at Boeing was conducive to collaboration and interaction.

Cons

The company is massive, and that causes several issues that can be a bit off-putting.

- Boeing has 175,000 employees. You may often feel that you are contributing very little to the company, and that many of the applications and projects seem like they don't need to exist.
- There is a lot of red tape. It's kind of unavoidable with a company so massive, so it's hard to fault Boeing. But of my 12-week internship, the first two weeks were spent getting my accounts set up across the company and trying to become comfortable with slower company processes.
- The corporate environment unfortunately leads to a workplace that isn't very energetic. I mentioned earlier that it's fairly social, but there's nothing terribly exciting about the workplace and it can feel very dry. At times, I definitely felt like an office drone.

The company is great. I'm not trying to turn off people from working there, because there are many great opportunities available at Boeing. The fact of the matter is, though, that working at such a large corporation dampens the feeling that one is making an impact on society.

2179 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Fantastic place to have a career!

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Seal Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Seal Beach, CA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing people and amazing products. The company has a culture of "doing the right thing", which is very comforting. World class in many areas. I came to Boeing planning to stay only a year or two... that was 14 years ago!

Cons

There is a lot of bureacracy and a very conservative culture,though it's slowly changing.

The personal technology future is now - get on it!

Boeing Engineer

Current Employee - Environmental Engineer/Scientist in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Environmental Engineer/Scientist in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great! Everyone works as team. There are no loners here.

Cons

Job security. It's the nature of the industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing