Boeing

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

great business intern experience

Former Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked in corporate finance under a program manager. My manager was great. He was really concerned with making sure I developed real world business skills, specifically program management. Pay and benefits were really good for an internship I think, at least compared to other internships I've done.

Cons

Sometimes I didn't have enough work to do because my boss was gone a lot but I suppose that was partly my fault that I didn't feel like I had enough to do. Maybe that is just a circumstance of being an intern. My manager had me trying to implement some changes in the way people reported risks for the other people working on the program but, maybe since a lot of people had been there a long time and were stuck in their ways, they were kind of resistance to change. Maybe they just didn't take me seriously because I was an intern.

Follow my managers example. Don't think of interns as assistants that can get coffee for you but ask them what they want to get out of their internship and what they want to work on. That will motivate them to work a lot harder I think.

2236 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

A superb Company to work for utilizing my knowledge in my acquired talents.

Former Employee - Staff Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Staff Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They want you to succeed and be proficient in what you wish to focus on.

Cons

I haven't discover any negative aspects.

Continue to move forward.

Engineer

I worked at Boeing

Pros

Coworkers can be very smart and helpful, the work is challenging but very interesting and impactful, and the atmosphere is very collaborative, which makes growing and accomplishing easier early in your career.

Cons

Slow moving sometimes, but otherwise great. The company can be very hierarchical, so it's important to push for mentors and challenging projects that will allow you to grow.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing