There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Friendly work environment but very conservative

Current Employee - Project Administrator  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Project Administrator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Job stability is great and people are friendly

Cons

Very conservative atmosphere, older generation co-workers

2027 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

great business intern experience

Former Employee - Intern  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I worked in corporate finance under a program manager. My manager was great. He was really concerned with making sure I developed real world business skills, specifically program management. Pay and benefits were really good for an internship I think, at least compared to other internships I've done.

Cons

Sometimes I didn't have enough work to do because my boss was gone a lot but I suppose that was partly my fault that I didn't feel like I had enough to do. Maybe that is just a circumstance of being an intern. My manager had me trying to implement some changes in the way people reported risks for the other people working on the program but, maybe since a lot of people had been there a long time and were stuck in their ways, they were kind of resistance to change. Maybe they just didn't take me seriously because I was an intern.

Follow my managers example. Don't think of interns as assistants that can get coffee for you but ask them what they want to get out of their internship and what they want to work on. That will motivate them to work a lot harder I think.

Engineer

I worked at Boeing

Pros

Coworkers can be very smart and helpful, the work is challenging but very interesting and impactful, and the atmosphere is very collaborative, which makes growing and accomplishing easier early in your career.

Cons

Slow moving sometimes, but otherwise great. The company can be very hierarchical, so it's important to push for mentors and challenging projects that will allow you to grow.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!