Boeing

www.boeing.com
  www.boeing.com
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Good benefits, lots of regulations

Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Germantown, MD
Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Germantown, MD

I worked at Boeing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in a previously-independent small company bought by Boeing, and the changeover was mostly a pretty good thing for us. The company had excellent benefits and was generally accommodating for software engineers like me.

Cons

Regulations could be stifling, though this is to be expected with a lot of government contract work. Political instability definitely contributed to nervousness about your bottom line.

2228 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Friendly work environment but very conservative

Current Employee - Project Administrator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Administrator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Job stability is great and people are friendly

Cons

Very conservative atmosphere, older generation co-workers

great business intern experience

Former Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked in corporate finance under a program manager. My manager was great. He was really concerned with making sure I developed real world business skills, specifically program management. Pay and benefits were really good for an internship I think, at least compared to other internships I've done.

Cons

Sometimes I didn't have enough work to do because my boss was gone a lot but I suppose that was partly my fault that I didn't feel like I had enough to do. Maybe that is just a circumstance of being an intern. My manager had me trying to implement some changes in the way people reported risks for the other people working on the program but, maybe since a lot of people had been there a long time and were stuck in their ways, they were kind of resistance to change. Maybe they just didn't take me seriously because I was an intern.

Follow my managers example. Don't think of interns as assistants that can get coffee for you but ask them what they want to get out of their internship and what they want to work on. That will motivate them to work a lot harder I think.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing