Boeing

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Boeing Finance Employee Review

Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Mesa, AZ
Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good education, retirement and health benefits; also a great work life balance

Cons

Everything is bogged down with bureaucracy, it is hard to move up because promotions are not merit based, they are bureaucratic. The only way to move up is to move around the company, so you shouldn't get too comfortable in your job.

Management should take a more active role in developing employees. Too often managers are clueless as to how to help an employee develop.

2224 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Where innovation goes to die.

Current Employee - Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, flexible schedule, travel from the city is short.

Cons

Work is uninspiring and boring. No job I've had has required more than a high school education. Lots of dumb people work here due to managers only hiring kids from their alma mater. Management is generally a mess. You'll have to work here for 15-20 years before you even sniff any preliminary design work. Promotions are often less than 3%. Yearly raise is about 2.5%. Pay is good enough to make you think, "Hey at least I have a job."

Start looking at college graduates from top engineering schools and not just the most common one in the area. Eliminate unnecessary mid level management jobs.

Company that you can learn a lot from

Current Employee - Buyer
    Current Employee - Buyer

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

With a majority of the work force being heavily experienced that comes with a lot of knowledge that you can soak in as a new hire. My experience has been great, the mentor I have been assigned with has showed me the real life buyer work and all fo the responsibility that comes with it.

Cons

Sometimes hard to voice opinion, however, been on other teams where voicing opinions was welcomed.

Need to stay up-to-date with changes that buyers are expected to also stay up-to-date on.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing