Boeing
3.5 of 5 1,695 reviews
www.boeing.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Too many meetings...not enough work

Event Planner (Former Employee)
Charleston, SC

I worked at Boeing as a contractor for more than a year

ProsIt's a great paycheck. The cafeteria is good. People are nice when they're not trying to stab you in the back.

ConsSlooooooooooow Moooooooooving!

"Group Think Gone Wild" should be the title of this review.

No one can do anything without every single blessed person on the team signing off on it. It really slows things down and discourages innovation. Don't speak up or disagree or you'll be deemed a pariah. Everyone must agree or nothing gets done. So, usually, nothing gets done. Things that should be done in short order end up taking months or years or just fall by the wayside completely.

When you do manage to get something done (that you were actually assigned), don't talk about it or be proud of your accomplishments. Talking about your accomplishments is considered boasting and makes the rest of the team feel bad. So much for team spirit. Goodness knows you wouldn't want to hurt the delicate feelings of those who are scared to death to do anything by themselves. Also, when you hear someone say "Teamwork makes the dream work" interpret it as "YOU get to do THEIR work!" However, don't expect anyone to lift a finger to help you.

In addition, don't try to do anything on your own or utilize independent thought. It terrifies the managers who are trying to microscopically control everything because they don't really know anything. Just sit there, get dumber and collect a steady paycheck.

Also, don't show yourself to be too intelligent for Heaven's Sakes! I was once told from a lady across the hall from me that I was "Smarter than the average Boeing employee." Since I consider myself only of average intelligence, that should have been my first clue! LOL!

Advice to Senior ManagementNo one listened when I was there. I'm done trying to help.

Disappointing...misuse of large pool of talented assets...poor personnel management

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Springfield, VA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good health and retirement savings benefits Cons: poor HR support....poor talent management by untrained managers...no skill set champions to grow and… Advice to Senior Management: look at what you are losing for the sake of cost-cutting measures...the slow… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Your typical large company

ITCFP Participant (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than a year

Pros: Stability. Once you're in, it's impossible to be fired. You must do something ridiculous to get yourself fired. Work/life balance. I hardly see any people… Cons: Old workforce. It's known that +50% of Boeing is within retirement age. So it's rare to see more than 5 people younger than 35 in… Advice to Senior Management: Don't be afraid to let people go, don't make decisions based… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boeing CEO Jim McNerney Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees.