There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

First corporate job

Former Employee - Analyst
Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Boeing as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits for FTEs, though naturally this doesn't apply to contractors. I can't give a good opinion since I was a contract worker and didn't really have any of the pros that others working at Boeing might otherwise have.

Cons

Many of the people I knew who worked here for an extended period of time seemed like hollow shells of their former selves.

2110 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Nepotism at its core. ZERO opportunities unless you are related to a hiring manager or are personal friends with them.

Former Employee - Electrical Technician in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Electrical Technician in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Boeing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, Learning Together Program is top notch.

Cons

Boeing does not hire from within. So many times I would see qualified people get passed over for job postings only to have a new person start that was a relative of the hiring manager. They pay for you to go to school, yet when you apply for jobs within the company, you do not even get a call back. If you are a woman with big "assets" however and your nose is brown, you will go a long way n this company. If not, you're screwed.

Revise hiring practices and limit family hiring.

As an intern, given full responsibilities of an engineer.

Former Employee - Intern Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Intern Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

challenging, complex projects. great work-life balance. People are generally helpful and ready to mentor you. You get to work on airplanes and spacecraft, in whatever area you are experienced in. Lateral movement within the company can be vast because Boeing is such a large company.

Cons

red tape and slow moving approval process. If you are working in a lab, it can seem like everyone is hunting for work all the time instead of focusing on one exciting project.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing