Boeing

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Stable but archaic

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable
Opportunities to change jobs/function within company

Cons

Slow/bureaucratic
Outdated facilities
Poor hiring and promotion policies

Boeing needs to join the 21st century to continue to be an attractive employer particularly in areas where it is not the employer of choice (business, project management, IT, etc). This includes pay and promotion based on performance not years of service. It also mean investment in modern, functional facilities. Sometime providing small perks that increase employee morale increases the ROI far above what you can achieve with nickel and dime cost cutting. The products Boeing produces are important and innovative but that's not enough to retain the best & brightest, particularly those that don't work closely to the product.

2385 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

"It is a great place to work, but I worry about my future job security"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Cool projects, vacation+, flexible schedules, affordable health coverage, 401K match, bonuses, and annual raises that generally match the inflation rate. All this is slowly being chipped away.

Cons

Everyday i hear from the people that have been there awhile how it used to be a great place to work. Even with record profits they are cutting pensions, benefits, outsourcing jobs and taking away a lot of past incentives. The work is fulfilling when you can complete it, but there is so much red tape you can barely manage to meet yearly goals.

As you cut pay, benefits and technologist in the name of securing our global competitive advantage, just remember you are reducing our causal ambiguity, which was created by the brilliant people you are forcing out the door. What is left when you are done will be easily replicable by the new companies in China, Russia and France.

Good but could be great.

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Great work life balance and benefits.

Cons

Senior management is slow to move and a little slow to adopt new technologies.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing