Boeing

www.boeing.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Interns are treated well, but the work given could have been a little bit more challenging.

Former Intern - Structural Analysis Engineer in Tukwila, WA
Former Intern - Structural Analysis Engineer in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Boeing as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very good office community. Benefits are excellent even for a low-level engineer. Interns receive paid vacation hours. Social networking system among fellow employees is a plus.

Cons

Work wasn't challenging enough, though to be fair not a lot of big projects can be assigned for a 3-month internship. A lot of projects are done at a very slow pace. Not a lot of innovation going on in the commercial airliner side (at least that I have seen). Also, I wasn't able to start doing actual real work until 2 weeks into the internship when I finally got set up with a work station and when I finally was able to access all the online training. (Way too much red tape.)

More can be done to fit a engineer's skills and talents with an office that requires those skills and talents. I would have liked to dive into the work a bit faster. Less red tape would have been nice.

2381 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Huge company to work with

Current Contractor - Oracle Database Administrator
    Current Contractor - Oracle Database Administrator

I have been working at Boeing as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Client side is very nice and they have good future plans

Cons

none that i found in my period of work.

Sad so Sad Really

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

None Not any more at least. Used to be a great place to work. Good benefits great pay, decent management. Now we have a lot of detached demigods in charge. Short term gain is the vision. No long term outlook.

Cons

CEO has no respect for workers. He is disregarding company policy on mandatory retirement and will keep working since "my hear is still beating and the workers are still cowering" Creates a very hostile workplace from the top!

Get back to your technical roots. Finance is a tool not an end. Remember how the company got to where it is and dance with the one who brought you!

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing