1985 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great place to work if you like what you're doing.

Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Boeing is very supportive of employees - my managers have always pushed us to apply for positions to help advance our career. You do have to take charge of your own path, though, and market yourself. The pay and compensation are fair for the area. Many of the employees have been there for a while, which can be a pro or con - managers at lower levels (slightly below senior management) tend to be home grown, so they understand what the employees are really doing. Their Learning Together education program is a great way to advance your personal skills.

Cons

It is very difficult to change career paths once in Boeing. If you enter in one field and wish to go into another, Boeing does not help you do so. Despite their Learning Together program, Boeing does not make it easy for you to take newly acquired skills into another career at Boeing. Management changes often, which can be disruptive to work.

Employee education benefits are an easy way for Boeing employees to stay happy and help the company even more - why not talk to recent graduates of programs and see where they can help the company? Instead, graduates who can't find fitting jobs at Boeing end up leaving or being frustrated at the lack of opportunity.

Other Reviews for Boeing

Nice (not Great) Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Most managers support telecommuting and flexible work schedules
    Most employees are good natured and intelligent. This is what keeps me here.
    Descent support for education and training both in and outside the company
    Generous health benefits (currently)
    All of this helps offset the lower salary compared to other companies.
    In a nutshell: you forgo extra pay for a nicer lifestyle and good coworkers.

Cons

Management is stuck in a military mentality. They are out of touch with what really goes on. They do not understand that information flows more quickly and freely today with IM, e-mail, and web 2.0, etc than it did when they had controlled it with their memos. Espousing the company line is required if you're in management so you cannot completely trust anything a manager (executive through first line) tell you.

Be open and candid. Tell us the real reasons that things are happening and what changes are on the horizon. We find out the real reasons eventually so you might as well give it to us straight and not discredit yourself.

For the unencumbered and lazy

Current Employee - Design and Integration Specialist IV  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Design and Integration Specialist IV in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Virtual work highly used. Benefits are good and the company takes in most of the cost. There are some very good managers.

Cons

Don't expect to be working with many people that aren't baby boomers and don't expect there to be a high level of technical expertise. If you are used to overachieving look else where.

reallocate senior tehcnical roles to new hires with current industry experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!