There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Great place to work if you like what you're doing.

Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Boeing is very supportive of employees - my managers have always pushed us to apply for positions to help advance our career. You do have to take charge of your own path, though, and market yourself. The pay and compensation are fair for the area. Many of the employees have been there for a while, which can be a pro or con - managers at lower levels (slightly below senior management) tend to be home grown, so they understand what the employees are really doing. Their Learning Together education program is a great way to advance your personal skills.

Cons

It is very difficult to change career paths once in Boeing. If you enter in one field and wish to go into another, Boeing does not help you do so. Despite their Learning Together program, Boeing does not make it easy for you to take newly acquired skills into another career at Boeing. Management changes often, which can be disruptive to work.

Employee education benefits are an easy way for Boeing employees to stay happy and help the company even more - why not talk to recent graduates of programs and see where they can help the company? Instead, graduates who can't find fitting jobs at Boeing end up leaving or being frustrated at the lack of opportunity.

2024 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for if you apply yourself

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

1) Many challenges/opportunities, many fields, many locations including international
    2) Good pay (you have to earn it), good benefits

Cons

1) Big company with big company problems
    2) Boeing rarely fires people resulting in a lot of non-performers working with you

1) Watch out for China! Will we still making airplanes 30 years from now?
    2) Stop making Dilbert types of changes just to make changes

Boeing ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

The salary was the best part. The job was just ok. If you knew the right people you could make it.

Cons

You have to work for the right manager and know the right people to advance. The absolutely will take advantage of you - if you let them.

Make all sites more uniform. Try and get all functions to do things using the same processes. It would make things less complicated and people could cut training time down.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!