Boeing

www.boeing.com
  www.boeing.com
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

great company to work for because of the benefits, but that won't keep me there forever

Current Employee - Tech Writer in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Tech Writer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

GREAT benefits package, very flexible with work schedules

Cons

if you're a painfully stereotypical american that only likes beer and baseball and wants to vote republican, you'll find no downsides to working at boeing in st. louis

stop giving the lower employees so many insincere "thank you's"

2183 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Boeing - a great company, but not for everyone

Current Employee - Computing Systems Architect in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Computing Systems Architect in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

It all depends on which department you work in. Try to find a manager that supports a flexible schedule and telecommuting, which is to me one of the biggest perks about working here. Aside from that, the retirement and health benefits are top-notch. There can be so much time wasted in meetings that it doesn't take much effort to stand out as a top performer if you work at it. Ultimately, it's pretty sweet to think about how many people's lives are bettered by the products and jobs the company provides.

Cons

If you're not careful you can get booked in meetings all day and never get anything done. Don't go to a meeting unless you are an active participant. You are strictly paid based on how many hours you clock, there are no performance-based incentives unless you become a top executive. The culture still hasn't evolved to rewarding people purely based on results and there are a lot of politics you have to play to get promotions, etc. If you are in the Puget Sound area be prepared to travel quite a bit between Renton, Seattle, Everett, and Bellevue.

Let our managers use cash awards or stock awards tied to a measurable goal or milestone. I've seen these used rarely and when they are there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets them.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

The people are very nice, some of them have been at Boeing forty plus years. It is really nice to have that tribal knowledge at my disposal. I am pleased with my salary. From the research I've done, it seems in line with other salaries doing similar work. I am extremely pleased with the benefits. We have medical, vision, and dental insurance, and I am aware that many companies do not provide vision and dental. I'm also very pleased with the retirement package, I realize it's not much, but it's better than nothing. Many companies no longer offer a retirement package.

Cons

Many of the employees have been at Boeing for forty plus years, and that can be good, but it can also be difficult at times because some of them are unwilling to change and grow. On the whole, they wonderful sources of information, and it would be extremely difficult without them. Many of the younger workers are not motivated, and they are not hard workers. It seems that many of the younger workers are not self-starters, they would rather be told what to do. Certainly this is not true of all younger workers, but many. Also, many people seem to be get by very nicely by brown nosing and not putting out much work. That is difficult for the others who are required to pick up their workload.

On the whole, I believe Senior Management does a good job, but I'm not sure they notice a lot of things they should take not of.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing