There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

great company to work for because of the benefits, but that won't keep me there forever

Current Employee - Tech Writer  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Tech Writer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

GREAT benefits package, very flexible with work schedules

Cons

if you're a painfully stereotypical american that only likes beer and baseball and wants to vote republican, you'll find no downsides to working at boeing in st. louis

stop giving the lower employees so many insincere "thank you's"

2027 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Boeing has the potential to be so much greater than it is...

Current Employee - Strategy Analyst  in  Tukwila, WA
    Current Employee - Strategy Analyst in Tukwila, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Boeing has so many different business areas that it is possible to try very different career paths without leaving the company. I have had many good mentors and managers who have invested in my personal and professional development. The educational benefits are also unparalleled.

Cons

It is difficult to get promotions and get noticed as a younger engineer just because there are so many baby boomers who are experts in their fields. The higher up you get, the harder it is to justify a promotion.

Pay by performance. Get rid of the pay curves. A high performing engineer should not be capped at just above the average pay raise just because the manager has to make sure s/he stays within the middle of the pay curve.

Boeing - a great company, but not for everyone

Current Employee - Computing Systems Architect  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Computing Systems Architect in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

It all depends on which department you work in. Try to find a manager that supports a flexible schedule and telecommuting, which is to me one of the biggest perks about working here. Aside from that, the retirement and health benefits are top-notch. There can be so much time wasted in meetings that it doesn't take much effort to stand out as a top performer if you work at it. Ultimately, it's pretty sweet to think about how many people's lives are bettered by the products and jobs the company provides.

Cons

If you're not careful you can get booked in meetings all day and never get anything done. Don't go to a meeting unless you are an active participant. You are strictly paid based on how many hours you clock, there are no performance-based incentives unless you become a top executive. The culture still hasn't evolved to rewarding people purely based on results and there are a lot of politics you have to play to get promotions, etc. If you are in the Puget Sound area be prepared to travel quite a bit between Renton, Seattle, Everett, and Bellevue.

Let our managers use cash awards or stock awards tied to a measurable goal or milestone. I've seen these used rarely and when they are there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets them.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!