Boeing

www.boeing.com

A balanced view from a Mechanical Eng. Summer Intern

Summer Intern (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsBoeing gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and to contribute to high profile projects. If you are proactive and pursue the many opportunities which are available you can progress through very advance stages of a career at Boeing, both technical and non-technical.

ConsBoeing is a large bureaucratic company with red tape everywhere. If you are the type of person who feels a need to see the direct impact of their contributions and wants to be engaged with all stages of a project's life cycle, Boeing may not be your place. A young engineer at Boeing, such as me, should expect their involvement to be narrow and focused. Additionally, a young engineer will have a lot of oversight. But this is expected, when dealing with complex systems like aircraft and spacecraft, a highly organized approach is needed.

One additionally note: in recent years Boeing has move away from the manufacturing of many of the required components. At this point they may be thought of as a large scale integrator. A lot of the old timers are bitter about the loss of Boeing’s “real” manufacturing abilities. Some have a more thoughtful outlook and consider the change to be needed as it allows Boeing to leverage the abilities of more specialized manufactures and to remain competitive on a global stage.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp young employees to gain a better understanding of the company as a whole.

Lots of opoprtunites within the company if you know where to look.....its a BIG place!

Analyst/Developer (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing

Pros: Great people, great benefits, lots of opportunites Cons: Not easy for new hires and "millenials" to assimilate.........flow down and training from team members is not… Advice to Senior Management: Not sure Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lots of projects, huge bureaucracy

Software Engineer II (Former Employee) Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Boeing

Pros: You have the opportunity to work on cool and important projects with great access to technology you'd… Cons: Huge bureaucracy. Promotions based on seniority rather than merit. I was kept out of a promotion because I was one year short of experience for… Advice to Senior Management: Fire your bad software engineers. Move more towards a meritocracy rather than rewarding based on seniority. Get rid… More
There are newer reviews on Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!