Boeing

www.boeing.com

1909 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

A balanced view from a Mechanical Eng. Summer Intern

Summer Intern (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsBoeing gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and to contribute to high profile projects. If you are proactive and pursue the many opportunities which are available you can progress through very advance stages of a career at Boeing, both technical and non-technical.

ConsBoeing is a large bureaucratic company with red tape everywhere. If you are the type of person who feels a need to see the direct impact of their contributions and wants to be engaged with all stages of a project's life cycle, Boeing may not be your place. A young engineer at Boeing, such as me, should expect their involvement to be narrow and focused. Additionally, a young engineer will have a lot of oversight. But this is expected, when dealing with complex systems like aircraft and spacecraft, a highly organized approach is needed.

One additionally note: in recent years Boeing has move away from the manufacturing of many of the required components. At this point they may be thought of as a large scale integrator. A lot of the old timers are bitter about the loss of Boeing’s “real” manufacturing abilities. Some have a more thoughtful outlook and consider the change to be needed as it allows Boeing to leverage the abilities of more specialized manufactures and to remain competitive on a global stage.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp young employees to gain a better understanding of the company as a whole.

Great company, great benefits, behind on salaries.

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Boeing

Pros: At Boeing, we're always working on fascinating projects that are highly visible throughout… Cons: At least in Integrated Defense Systems, you have to deal with all of the nonsense associated with government contracts. Not only does this include… Advice to Senior Management: You're salary tables are good, please use them. We can't retain talent because it leaves for… More

Overall, Boeing provides challenging work with a great work/life balance.

Software Engineer III (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing

Pros: There are a ton of varied and technically challenging projects to go around. Overall employees are intelligent, friendly, and helpful. The benefits are great...we get… Cons: Vacation takes too long to accrue...we start with two weeks plus the week of Christmas and it takes nine years to move to three weeks.… Advice to Senior Management: The share value trust program is great. I would suggest… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Boeing.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!